SEPT. 2020 Weight Maintenance Check In

(KCKO, KCFO) #1

August slipped right by me.

Hope everyone is doing well. Hoping all will check in this month.

(Pete A) #2

3 years Keto TODAY. I’ve come a long way and lots more to go!

(Edith) #3

I had my three year anniversary in June. I’ve been maintaining my weight with a few pounds up or down for the past 2.5 years. This summer I lost a few more pounds putting me at the same weight I was when I got married thirty years ago. Although, I have to admit, my lean body mass is not quite as low as it was 30 years ago.

I’m still constantly tweaking things dietarily. I think the tweaking will be lifelong since our bodies’ needs are always changing.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

Congrats!!!

Pete, Please tell us a little about your 3 yrs. of keto and where you hope to end up.

Edith, great results, congrats. I agree, there is always something that can be tweaked. But I have found this WOE the easiest to stick to, I do fasting when I get out of my comfort range.

(Pete A) #5

It’s been great. I lost around 80 pounds total, though gained around 10-15 pounds in LBM. I was down to 139 (last year sometime), went up to around 160, now landed at 150 which is comfortable for my 5’10 frame. (net 70 pounds lost)

I haven’t changed much up other than dont track/log my food every single day anymore, and am around 65% fat, 35% protein, 5% carbs… I was running at 80% fat for a long time, but did increase my protein as I am a gym monster!

I eat less than 2000 calories a day and occasional “treat” meals (not cheat!) I do have a couple of pounds of lower belly paunch which will be gone probably next year I hope…

I’m on Atkins induction forever…

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

I started on the Atkins20 meal plan. Eating at keto levels, which vary from person to person I found out, and later during a bad stall period, I learned I could skip a few meals without dying.This got me to goal and I have kept almost 50 lbs. off now.

I no longer track, I just know what I can eat, luckily I love them all. Wish I had started doing this decades ago, instead I had yoyoed a lot. I think adding the healthy fats back in, had a lot to do with my continuing success. I can eat up to 50-75 g of carb as treat meals, on a daily basis, I keep in the 30 g area… Works good for me.

(Central Florida Bob ) #7

Hi, @collaroygal - I still drop by the forums two or three times a week.

Back at the start of July, I said that since January 1st, I had gained 11 pounds. 7.8 lbs fat, 3.2 lbs lean tissue. In the intervening two months, that has changed just a little, to 8.2 lbs fat and 3.7 lbs lean. Pretty much a half pound of both.

It has made my Tee-shirts surprisingly uncomfortable, so I think starting this month I need to get rid of that fat.

My normal life is TMAD, eating around noon and 6PM, and I usually do OMAD only one day/week. I’m pretty sure that at this point, I’m not likely to gain much muscle (1/2 pound in the last two months? Four ounces/month ain’t much.) so I’m going to reduce the amount of protein in my diet and add another OMAD day, or maybe one 36 or 40 hour fast. I’ve been doing weights (and squats) once a week, and eating higher protein for that day and the following two. I still do my hour bike ride usually M,W,F. I think I go back to the same amount of protein every day.

But I honestly don’t know what to do. I’ve been doing “lazy, dirty keto” for so long I don’t have exact totals of anything I eat. It feels like starting over only with five years of keto habits!

(Jane) #8

I weighed 255 November 2018…I am at 189 this morning. I have weighed approximately this for the last 6 months with only a couple pounds lost. I am not “strict” Keto but follow close. I guess you would say I am “lazy, dirty keto”. I want this to be a WOE and not a “diet” so if I want something I will eat it but that isn’t too often. Would normally go back to my bad eating habits if I stopped losing on a diet. Not this time and that is why I call it a WOE and not a “diet”. My biggest help has been this forum. I don’t write much but read it often for encouragement. Also my daughter who started us on the Keto WOE. She has gone from a size 16 clothes to size 8.

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

Congrats to both you and your daughter.

WOE is how I think of it too. I get to eat so much of the things I had deprived myself of for years, resulted in just yoyoing like crazy, it is exactly how I want to eat.

(Central Florida Bob ) #10

Does anyone here do a routine fast of over 24 hours, like 36 or 40 hours, every week?

I’ve been thinking about doing one a week and I’m wondering if it’s a better way to keep my weight from drifting up.

(KCKO, KCFO) #11

I go through periods of doing that, 36 up to 44 hrs. is my preferred protocol. Usually, after I hit 36, I am able to hold off til lunch a few hrs. later. It works well for me, I can easily go down 3-4 lbs.when I do that.

I think OMAD is great for keeping things under control as well. I often do those 2 or 3 times in a 7 day cycle.

Give the 36er a go and see how you feel doing that. It works for a lot of people over in the Fasting Method FB group.

(Central Florida Bob ) #12

I’ve done two OMAD days in the last week, and I’m about 14 hours into a fasting day.

I’m used to about 42 hours fast - at least, I was used to them last year. :roll_eyes: From May till November I did ADFs every week, Sun, Tues, Thurs. So my last food was last night at about 7:30 and I’ll fast until Tomorrow at about noon. I guess that’s 40 -ish depending on when I breakfast.

As I used to do last year, I’ll do my morning bike ride while fasted tomorrow.

(Edith) #13

I am doing the carnivore Slaptember challenge. It actually helped me drop a few more pounds the first week. That was unexpected.

It has also made it easier for me to intermittent fast 16-8 and even a few OMD.

(KCKO, KCFO) #14

New thread for October.