Science on Cocoa Butter

(PJ) #41

Yes, that’s the biggest one it seems, but not the only one. I think Brad’s target audience was partly the number of people who don’t lose further weight despite being ketogenic, reasonable cals. Insulin is not their issue. Keto solves the insulin issue.

The idea is the supplements that up AMPK and ppar-alpha and reduce SCD1 and other things, combined with high SFA and low PUFA, might slowly but gradually solve the “too much pufa constantly in bloodstream circulation, leading to insufficient ROS to use as signalling molecules to make individual adipose cells resistant {hence keeping the fat in circulation longer (satiety)} (and some other things)}” and so indirectly (kinda by adipose cell content PUFA-attrition {FA type ratio% change} then, the leptin issue.

If keto worked indefinitely for everybody to lose all the fat they needed to lose this might never have come up. It does not, probably because a lifetime of poor nutrition has a variety of effects on people, and keto mostly whole foods diet can solve most of those, but possibly not all of them.

(Bob M) #42

I couldn’t unroll this. So, I can’t post a link to the unrolled thread.

It’s basically a thread about how there is a difference in “stearic acid” between cacao butter and animal fats, and how mice tend not to digest all of the stearic acid. But the study didn’t measure this. So, there’s no way to tell.

It also seems as if humans do digest almost all of the stearic acid.

I did not know there were multiple “stearic acids”.

(Bob M) #43

Also, I can finally fit back into most of my shorts, which I could not do last year due to the croissant diet. How am I losing weight again?

Well, I restarted some fasting. I did one 3.5 day fast, a handful of 36 hour fasts, a handful of OMAD. Some of the OMAD, I paired with PSMF.

And, I’ve started eating low fat, high protein again. That’s what got me into size 34 pants.

I’m wondering if there are certain people, like me, who really can’t eat high fat, no matter what the fat is? I wonder if it’s genetic, in particular?

When I tried eating high fat multiple years ago, after reading Keto Clarity by Jimmy Moore, I noticed I could eat as much fat as I wanted and never was full. Now, at the time, I was clueless about PUFAs (this was probably 5 or so years ago), so I don’t know what I was eating, though I remember adding butter to a lot, including steak.

Then I bought a CGM to try and prove Ted Naiman wrong and that protein = candy bar, which was the common (mis)conception at the time. No matter how much protein I ate, however, I could not find ANY blood sugar rise.

Not only that, but I decided I liked higher protein better.

But when The Croissant Diet came along, I thought it was an interesting way of testing the Protons theory. How else can you test it? There are very few studies in humans of tests for this.

As always, I think the answer is complex. I think there are some people who can eat the croissant diet and get a benefit. I think there are others, like me, who cannot. And I seem to not like fat in general and do better with low fat.

The interesting question to me is, why? And I don’t really have any answers, other than possibly genetics.

You’re comparing apples to oranges. Natural handwriting isn’t the same as unnatural handwriting for profit. One is real and the other is an imposter.

My experiments were taken to the extreme though. Poppy seeds / almond paste to get a high amount of longer Omega 6s in my brain and fig seed paste to get a high amount of longer Omega 3s in my brain.