Salt/Sodium intake!

newbies
science
food

(Matthew) #21

Tell that to the Venzuelanas that I see everyday seeking refuge as a result of this radical leftist collectivist nonsense. Come here and tell me it’s OTT

Yeah, nah. I’m pretty happy with the amount of ocean between us right now.

(Carl Keller) #23

@Daisy is not censoring free speech. She is asking someone to rephrase his belief in a more productive manner… That person liked Daisy’s response so at this point, it’s not a big deal anymore… unless we keep making it one. Just MHO.

(Matthew) #24

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? To rephrase a belief? And people thought I was being over the top. There is no better example of how the radical leftists operate than in this quote. Like a moral virtud. Please rephrase your belief. Am I still being over OTT? Otherwise come here to Colombia and talk to Venezuelans.

(Running from stupidity) #25

Carl’s a radical leftist guerilla. I’m a forum troll who has never helped any one ever.

GO US, CARL!

(Carl Keller) #26

I suppose it could be ridiculous of me that I am trying to abide by forum rules and the advice of its administrators, when both are reasonable and I have a choice to take it or leave it… but not quite as ridiculous as comparing @Daisy to Maduro.

This will be my last response to you.

No, she’s not… but if somebody is so fragile that they’re hurt by a word with SILLY in the base of it… I mean C’MON! How sensitive is everybody supposed to get? At that level we can nitpick every single disagreement there is based on nothing. We really bringing the forum down the road of bubblewrap, cry rooms and Rudolph the red nosed reindeer being a victim? Unless we’re directly being a douche to somebody our words should be our own. If not, moderate as required but this doesn’t look like that.

The ol’ "You’re free to say anything you want… as long as everybody else in my group agrees with it!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #28

You guys, nobody cares about the word silly. It’s the tone and principal. It’s a forum to ask questions. She was asking a question specific to the forum she is in.

Question asked. Answer: silly question, just do this…

That’s how it read. Should it be flagged for being snarky, I don’t know, but is this going to turn into political warfare?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #29

Ok, so I finally got dragged in. I don’t think the word “silliness” is worthy of needing to be rephrased. Then again… As a newbie, I had a real issue with salt. My whole life, I have over salted everything. Big time. Started in the forums, and doubled that amount. Serious GI issues, serious bloating, serious high blood pressure. Then, I actually re-read everything and realized the recommended amount was two and a half teaspoons. I was so swayed by the “more salt” mantra, that when I measured it out, I was using like six teaspoons a day. Plus what was in the food. I think we all need to be more precise. Instead of saying “more salt” just remind everyone about two and a half teaspoons. Including what is in your food. Please.

(Carl Keller) #30

This.

Geez…there’s so much ‘saltiness’ in this thread that I’ll be sure to return here whenever I feel low in my sodium intake. :wink:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #32

Oh dear what have I done??!! :joy:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #33

Take it however way you like :blush:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #34

Thank you for this!

You know what? I’m not your [spoiler]fucking[/spoiler]parent or any other person of authority here to tell you off. Everyone has the right to flag whatever they want and I encourage them to do so if they feel hurt, offended or whatever because THAT is a big part of how I see my job. I don’t give a [spoiler]shit[/spoiler]whether the rest of you think it is a waste of time or not. I used a very mild example with the express intention of simply illustrating a point without everything flaring up as it might with a more contentious issue. Often what happens is that we will message the person who flagged and have a conversation with them and, you know what, sometimes that is what they need. Have any of you ever felt what many would consider irrationally upset by something? I know I have and knowing there is someone there who will listen means a lot. Maybe I’m just a big softie but that’s me. Just quit with the personal digs - and, yes, using condescending crap like saying someone is “silly” or a “special snowflake” is condescending crap. Of course you get into banter with people you know sometimes because you know what the boundaries are but just think about who might be at the other end when you start throwing your own opinions around as if they are “the one true way”. Just be a little more sensitive to warning signs that the person you are communicating with has been hurt. Often, if you just take a step back and reread comments when things go sideways you will see how you have been winding each other up. It takes the bigger person to just say “You know what, let’s start again” or something similar. Maybe you have got into it with me in the past and are thinking I am a giant hypocrite right now? Well, that is what is called learning from my mistakes and trying to be a better person moving forward. It is also known as sometimes the red mist descends on me too! Luckily there are admins here who tell me if it is me being an arse!
This is not directed at anyone in particular but rather everyone who still doesn’t seem to get what I am trying to say here. I’m closing this thread down now because I have a low tolerance threshold in the mornings!

closed #37