S’mores and the grandsons

I have 9 grandsons and some of them have me a s’mores kit. I have a big fire pit in the backyard where we routinely cook hot dogs and s’mores and mainly play with a big fire. So for Father’s Day they have me a s’mores kit more or less a fishing tackle box loaded with graham crackers, marshmallows Hershey’s chocolates and Reese’s pb cups. For me of course. Anyway tonight they were over swimming and cooking hot dogs and made s’mores. The 9 year old went through several attempts to make the perfect marshmallows. All melts inside and toasty brown all over but not burnt. How could I say no. And wow. That was good. I mean wow. Forgot how good that food tastes to me. I know some of you think it’s to sweet or are somehow sickened by sugary carbs but wow. I could eat those every day and be back to blubber grandpa in 3 months. So back to carb counting and full on keto. Have a happy 4th

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

For any of our non-North American friends, this is Hershey S’mores. Open the image full size to get the full impact:

Happy 4th to all our friends and family in the USofA! :us:

I could have done without that reminder…;-}

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #4

Wasn’t meant to poke you! Just the opposite. Many readers may not know exactly what this stuff is. I want them to know how much you did for love. :heart_eyes:

(Troy) #5

There’s a App for that
I mean keto recipe :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe next time :man_shrugging:t2:

Although in the moment, you enjoyed some fun Family time at least
Always a great memory I’m sure :+1:

Ahhh I bet they had fun making you that kit for Father’s Day…or is that ‘Grandfather’s Day’ LOL

I get this. We RV and use that as our vacations. Kid is a lover of smores every now and then and she ‘insists’ I eat one when she makes it for me. I don’t do smores cause I am zero carb. But when she makes it I just take a nibble…one bite nibble is enough to kill me and send me over the edge in sweet, then I say YUM and she smiles and I then hand the darn thing to hubby to finish it off. I truly can’t eat that stuff anymore but thrilled you enjoyed it and know if you keep that up you will be…what’ya say on that? blubber grandpa again fast? Oh yea we all will if we eat that junk :slight_smile:

good post on how you got thru and how you know you wanna be healthy and not icky but you can enjoy some family time when it does mean something a tad extra :sunny:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

A delicious moment on the lips and tongue, and three days of aches and pains afterward. The things we do for love! :heart:

(Although there is that song: “I’ll do anything for love . . . but I won’t do that!”)