Retirement Celebration

(Marianne) #1

I officially retired yesterday after 30 years in the same place (very fortunate). Didn’t want a party, just wanted to get together with my husband, bf and her husband. We went to a nice casual restaurant on the water, working man’s atmosphere, great bar. They have splits of prosecco, which I enjoyed. For dinner, I had the most luscious strip steak I have ever had (usually not a fan but that was the only steak choice), with a fresh salad, broccoli and butter. What a meal; what a time! I find Keto is so easy to stick to when we go out.

Just wore casual clothes and felt great. Monday is my six-month ketoversary. What a difference it has made in my life. I feel fully fit and healthy and ready to take on this new chapter in my life.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2

That’s awesome! I’m glad you’re going into your retirement in a healthy and happy state! Also I’m jealous :joy: congrats :tada:

(Marianne) #3

Thank you!

Awww; don’t be jealous - the trade off is that I’m old.

:smile:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #4

Aw I bet not, I heard 60 is the new 30 :wink: enjoy retired life!

(Marianne) #5

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

God bless!

(Susan) #6

Congratulations on your Retirement, Marianne.

Congrats on your half-year ketoversary too, keep up the great work.

(Jane- Old Inky Crone) #7

I’m jealous too! Congrats, I’m old, but will never be able to retire, poor planning and life choices on my part. I’m always envious of others who can retire, and I hope you enjoy retirement to the hilt!

(Marianne) #8

Thank you so much. I feel for people who can’t retire; I know we are very fortunate.

My husband and I never had children, not for financial reasons but because I think we both would have been nervous wrecks, always worrying. Still, though, because we didn’t, we didn’t have major expenses that come with children - day-to-day, college, weddings, etc.

Congratulations on the retirement and a wonderful evening! Sounds perfect!

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #10

Congratulations Marianne!! Your retirement party sounds perfect!! :dizzy::dancer: I love strip steak, when it’s done right it is the best tasting steak! I also find that it’s easy to order keto when eating out. I’ve never seen a waiter even blink when I ask for the potatoes or rice to be substituted for a vegetable with butter.

And congrats for 6 months on keto!! You are crushing this!! :hibiscus::boom::heart_eyes_cat:

(Marianne) #11

Awww; thanks so much!

I just love keto - what a gift - and this forum is so supportive!