Repeating posts

Hi, I’m new here. I was just reading a long thread and some posts kept repeating, some several times. I think it might be associated with replying to individual posts, or something. Is this normal? And if so, is there any way I can eliminate it?

Thanks.

(Karen) #2

I think that is where people block quote another post to comment on it.

No, they are not quotes of what someone else has said, but repeat posts - sometimes several times, and often not in context.

(Liz ) #4

Sounds like a bug, I don’t ever see that

(Lonnie Hedley) #5

@carl @richard I’ve never seen this. You gents have any ideas? (This was just my excuse to send you two a message mwahahaha)

(Allie) #6

Never seen it either, thinking it must be a bug with the forum software

(Richard Morris) #7

It might have been when I merged multiple threads about a common topic - like when 3 threads about the USA News story that placed keto diets at the bottom of their list.

(Lonnie Hedley) #8

Guilty as charged for that one. :smile:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

Occasionally, someone will also start a couple of different threads asking the same question, I’m not sure why.

I noticed it all in one thread - at the time, the only thread I had read here(IIRC) - the long mature woman thread (whatever it’s called).

At first it was confusing, but now I’m getting used to the duplicates. Most I think are replies to someone else’s posts. I think it’s just what the software does.

(Allie) #11

That’s when people quote the whole post they’re replying to instead of just selecting the actual sentence they want to respond to.

A quote is easy to discern because it has a darker background - like me quoting you. The duplicates I am seeing are not quotes. But I no longer care - too much good material here to be bothered by something of little consequence. Besides, this place has a bacon smiley! :bacon:

(Allie) #13

Bacon makes everything better! :joy:

(Bunny) #14

Wish their was a type of little side bar thingy for a virtual inter-active & inter-relational data-base that would combine and data-mine topics into a group of information captions, they tried it once with flash as an experimental project but it’s now dead (kinda neat though). Probably a little too Johnny Mnemonic at this point in time!