Rebel Ice Cream?

food

(Full Metal KETO AF) #21

@PaulL Thank you Paul. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Mame) #22

I did too the first time I tasted a bunch of it. But that was coming off of 9 months with no sweeteners whatsoever

Then in the summer, I found myself enjoying the butter pecan as not as sweet. But that may be because I have had a few mild sweetener treats over the past couple of months.

Not sure if that’s a good thing or not.
It is very sweet, which is what makes it easier for me to have a small amount.

(Wendy) #23

I would be willing to try some if the opportunity arises, but I love Carrie Browns homemade icecream and think the investment in the cookbook, and icecream maker, and ingredients, was a good one. The flavors I’ve tried have not been overly sweet and the amount I want per serving is not huge. A small amount is very filling and satisfying.
She also has a cone recipe I’ve been meaning to try.
https://carriebrown.com/archives/32926?fbclid=IwAR39Xy-ehL4T1y6ghdJJIHRwnl-Kb7SwrESfgWX0IYmyIlpNp-Q5pQtHO4c https://carriebrown.com/keto-ice-cream-scoop-cookbook

(Jennibc) #24

So does she use artificial sweeteners? Are they cream based?

I’ve had it a couple times and haven’t noticed any issue (aside from teeny tiny bit of digestive “discomfort”), but then again I am not eating a while pint in one sitting or anything. (Vanilla is only meh, but mint and cookie dough are pretty good.)

(Enlightened just came out with keto ice cream as well.)

(Lisa) #26

I like Rebel a lot. In order of preference: mint chip, vanilla, chocolate, cookie dough, butter pecan. I can’t have PB, so haven’t tried that, and haven’t tried the coffee one because I avoid caffeine. I haven’t bought it super frequently primarily due to the cost; hoping it will begin to drop and go on sale occasionally as more stores stock it.

Enlightened also is coming out with a keto line, according to an email I received from them recently. I’ll definitely be checking that out.

With all that said, thank you @David_Stilley for the easy ice cream recipe. I am in process of testing elimination of foods with any kinds of additives (including Rebel) because I have so many food sensitivities. I’m fine with dairy cream but also do a lot of coconut, and that recipe looks like it would work for me.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #27

How it “affects me” ? Well, every time I take a bite of it, it makes me go, “Mmmm” ! :slight_smile: lol

I dunno’… but it seems like a lot of people around here are “easily affected” by different foods, especially artificial sweeteners and such ? I think at least some of these effects are psychological.
Either way, I’m glad I can eat pretty much anything I want to, and only have to worry about keeping my carbs down.

But hey BTW, my GF and I are getting ready to make our own Ice Cream using “basically” this recipe… Except our will not be chocolate, but rather Maple, with a good amount of my GF’s baked, sweetened (SF of course) Pecans :slight_smile:

(Wendy) #28

Yes. She Recommends xyletol so it doesn’t freeze like a brick. I’m going to try allulose on my next batch as others have had good results with it and I have a dog.
The recipes use different milks depending on the recipe, coconut cream, heavy cream, almond milk, hemp milk. They can be made dairy free if you want to.

(Jennibc) #29

I prefer recipes with real cream. Thanks!

(Jennibc) #30

Blockquote

I dunno’… but it seems like a lot of people around here are “easily affected” by different foods, especially artificial sweeteners and such ? I think at least some of these effects are psychological.

Blockquote

Weight gain and tighter clothing aren’t typically psychological - and unfortunately a lot of us are affected that way by artificial sweeteners

Edited to add, I cannot figure out how to quote people with this interface but y’all know what I mean.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #31

Yea, that’s weird to me. I’ve always said I must have a great metabolism. The only reason I was ever obese is because I’m a freaking food hog !

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #32

Highlight the text you want to quote, and click on the grey “Quote” button that shows up. (Hint: Don’t quote the entire post, because the system will delete it automatically after a few minutes. Leave out at least one character from your quotation.)

(Central Florida Bob ) #33

Yesterday, I picked up a pint of coffee chip on our weekly Publix run.

Me:“they have butter pecan. I’ve heard that’s good”
Wife:,“Of course it’s good!”
M: “I don’t think I’m going to buy it. I can’t see spending 12 bucks on ice cream”
W:“You didn’t buy any macadamia nuts, so that’s just a little more than they would have cost”

No, I didn’t buy the second pint.