Public Health England you should be very ashamed

(Jane) #21

He eats twice what I eat and weighs about the same as me. I wish I could ramp my metabolism up to his but haven’t figured it out yet. We do the same amount of physical work around the property splitting duties

(Bunny) #22

A fat burning hormone. Interesting thing about testosterone is, it can be converted into estrogen by abdominal fat around the waist and stored in the adipocyte so the less abdominal fat you have, the less likely that is to happen.

Fat Burning Hormones:

• Human Growth Hormone (HGH) The First one I will talk about is HGH, or the Human Growth Hormone. …
  • Testosterone. Testosterone is another hormone that regulates the production of fat. …
  • Insulin -Like Growth Factor (IGF) This is a fat burning hormone that is stimulated by HGH. …
  • Thyroxine. …
  • Insulin. …
  • Glucagon. …More

(Jane) #23

He had low testosterone before joining me in my keto lifestyle and a bit of belly fat.

About 6 months before starting keto he ran ot of the shots and never renewed. He lost most of his belly fat on strict keto then transitioned to maintenance after about 6 months. Some days he is sub-20 carbs, most days higher.

His first bloodwork after about 3 months on keto showed testosterone in the low end of normal, but in the normal range which it was not previously. We hadn’t started fasting yet which is supposed in increase your HGH.

His PSA prostate numbers have gone down with keto also and his skin tags have all disappeared so he has seen health improvements with keto/low carb in several areas.

(Jane) #24

One of my roommates in college was like that. Huge meals three times a day with dessert every evening and rail thin and was still like that into her 40’s (lost track of her). She never had kids which whacked my hormones and metabolism big time.

I also had a boss who was rail thin until the day he died in his 70’s and ate huge amounts of food and carbs. His daughter was just as thin. Just blessed with good genetics I guess!

One of the things the two women had in common was they were tall and had no figure - small breasts and waist the same size as their hips. I, on the other hand, am short and at 115 lbs in college my waist was 10" smaller than my breasts and hips.

(Bob M) #25

Same here. My PSA levels are very low now, even though my dad had prostate cancer. He loved his pasta, which is one reason I’m low carb (he turned T2, as did my grandparents on the other side).

@atomicspacebunny, I’ve been way, way lower than 100g/day…for almost 7 years now. Don’t need polyphenols or vitamin c. Eat a minor amount of veggies and some “fruit” (olives, sometimes tomatoes in season, nothing else really, not even avocado).

(Bunny) #26

I can imagine with those low blood sugars you would be making your health even better if you did get more C and polyphenols. You can survive if you were just eating meat but that’s all you would be doing and if your skin bruises and tears easily and looks like an old boot that’s a good sign you need more C. Bleeding gums after flossing? Less chance of Alzheimer’s, Vitamin C is literally your blood brain barrier.

I take grape seed extract (polyphenols) and it makes the BDNF Nerve Growth Factors way more powerful, I can hold more information in my brain than I ever could in my life.

All the beautiful colors of plants and veggies are polyphenols. That’s what makes plants have roots and what builds neurological pathways in the brain which resemble the roots of plants. The more neurological branches you have the smarter you get.

(Stuart Young) #28

Man alive, carbon emissions within a nutrition article??!

It’s not just the nutrition advice that is propaganda…