Proud of myself for once

(Ellen) #1

We had some bad news at work today, we’ve lost our biggest client, which could mean the office has to close, so when I went shopping this evening I thought fuck it I’m going to have a “cheat night/indulgance” whatever you want to call it, wandered back and forth debating pasta, pie & chips etc but somehow none of it appealed, I couldn’t even convince myself to get a steak pie and not eat the pastry (yeah cos I’d have so stuck to that!) so am at home about to have some beef stew.
Am I saying I’ve been cured and will never fall off the wagon again? Hell no, am sure I will, but this night I chose keto & my health.
So tonight I’m proud & actually liking myself for once. I’m sure keto helps change your brain in many healthy ways.

(Jay Patten) #2

That’s great! It’s hard not to use emotions as an excuse to eat/ drink the wrong things!!

This is so awesome! SOOOOOO proud of you!!!

(Stan Brooks) #4

I am also proud of you.

(Darlene Horsley) #5

That’s huge! I’m proud of you too.

(Ellen) #6

Thanks all! I haven’t been completly good, I am having a rare school night glass of wine, but still feeling pretty good about myself.

This is so awesome! You rock!

Good on you!! It often takes awhile to replace our usual patterns with new ones - but it always starts with the first one!! :clap:t2::clap:t2:

(Ellen) #9

I love this forum! Always so much love & support! :heart:

(Sophie) #10

That’s a Major Hurdle, Congrats!!! :clap::clap::clap:

(Karen) #11

Congrats on your keto choice, and hoping for the best for your working future. Tough break, sorry.

K

Whoop! Well done, thats no small feat!!!

Thanks for sharing the beautiful sentiment too :heart:

(Judy van Lingen) #13

Good for you Elle! I’m just a newbie but you have inspired me big time. Thank you!

Yes, I’ve been there. I’ve been keto enough that when I get that cheat, it taste like crap. My body only likes good food, or the intestinal cramps begin because the intestinal biome has changed and can’t handle the gluten anymore. I’ll stick with what I worked so hard to accomplish.