Progress..snail here

(eschor) #1

well. started full keto on july 13, 2016. was semi keto before then…but on july 13 i received bloodwork that showed glucose 416…also hba1c of 13.0. that will wake you up. so have stayed pretty straight on keto and introduced a lot of intermittent fasting. mostly because…not hungry. so bloodwork march 3, 2017…glucose 90…hba1c 6.5. woo hoo. not there yet but moving in the right direction. slow and steady wins the race? oh. just as a side note am down about 100 lbs…altho only 30 since july. not done yet but…n=1…keto works.

That’s awesome progress! Congrats!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

Holy crap @eschor!

You sound similar to me.

My A1c was 12, now 5.5.

I have lost well over 100 pounds. It took a long time and patience. Much longer than you!

I started the ketogenic diet February 2014.

You are no snail!

(eschor) #4

brenda…snail snail snail…here comes the slime? so happy for your wonderful results. i’m getting there…and am planning to try that bio hack where before blood draw you fast for three days then feast for three days (like big big calorie feasts)…and then your cholesterol numbers apparently will plummet., i’m not concerned about my numbers…cause i read the science…but my drs are having a coronary over them. too funny. blessings

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

The biohack WORKS! Let us know your results please. I love that hack. @DaveKeto is a fucking genius!

(Richard Morris) #6

Great result. As you say it’s a way point on the journey, but dayam you dropped your HbA1c in half.

Every 1% pt drop is a 21% lower risk of death related to diabetes, 14% lower risk of MIs (heart attack) … you just dropped 6.5. You have reduced your absolute risk of a diabetic death to 22% of what it was, and your absolute risk of MIs to 38% of what it was.

Mention that to your doctor next visit :slight_smile:

source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC27454/

(Beth) #7

So that blood test hack should start six days before the blood test? And is there anything important about what the feasting is? Sorry if I’m asking something that’s been discussed – I remember hearing about it on the podcast but can’t remember the details – if someone wants to tell me just listen to the podcast again, I will – wasn’t sure the details were really there. Thanks!

And congratulations on that fantastic (non)snail progress @eschor!!

(eschor) #8

imagine if/when bio hack for cholesterol works and then the drop in likely mortality…keep the phone handy to call 911…for the doc. blessings

(eschor) #9

feast is very hi calories(keto)…i think dave mentioned 5000 cal…but his base calorie load is 3000…so i wont do that many i think