Preparing for a 7 day fast

Not really, once you’re fat adapted you can pretty much do 7 days without thinking twice. Your brain will sell you out long before not eating becomes a problem in most cases.

(TJ Borden) #42

YEP!!!

(karen) #43

Your brain will sell you out or your social life will become so complicated you surrender. … “now let’s see … if I show up half an hour late, and say “not yet” to offers for food and drinks for two hours, and then say “oh, no more thank you” after that, maybe I can escape unnoticed.” “If I bring cake for everyone else and then have to leave early …” “if I claim I have a stomach virus.” “If I say I have a blood test first thing in the morning.” “If i show up and say I already ate.” “If I do the first date thing, order something small and then push it around my plate and see if I can get some of it to fall in my napkin or my date’s mouth and then say whew, that was good, I’m full.” …

Day two has been eventless, no hunger or cravings, just riding the wave.

Weighed myself this morning and I was 53 kilograms, my weight pre-fast. I gather the additional calories are now depleted, it will be interesting to see how a fare tomorrow. Hope you hand an eventless day too @CrumbleUnderPressure

You’re quite thin to do a fast…

@margot17

…fasting isn’t just for weight loss.

Yes I know but it’s not advised for you gifted people with low body fat. How tall are you?

(Eli) #48

Thank @crickette!

Weight: 94.8KG (209lbs) [-0.2KG]
Ketone:5.1mmol/L
Feeling: Day two is done and dusted. Pretty easy, one small hunger pain when I usually eat but passed very quickly. Put some lite salt in water, probably put too much in cos it tasted like ass. Still living off water and Pepsi Max. I’ve lost all that I gained from the large meal plus some, should be smooth sailing from now on. Ketone levels have gone way up which I guess is good, wonder what they’ll be like at day 7 lol.

Would actually like to know your height @crickette because 53KG does seem very low…

@CrumbleUnderPressure Great work!

(Eli) #50

Hope your doing well @crickette!

DAY 3
Weight: 94.1KG (207lbs) [-0.9KG]
Ketone: 5.5mmol/L
Feeling: Felt pretty great in the morning seeing that number. Good to know only three days in and have already lost nearly a kilo. Felt normal throughout the day with almost no hunger pains. Had some sodium and potassium but plan on getting magnesium tablets because I have to make sure those are up. Ketones are still high. Going out to a restaurant tomorrow for my uncles birthday, it looks really good but I won’t have anything and power through. How’s your day been going @crickette?

(Eli) #51

So not sure what happened to @crickette, hope he’s still going strong. And if not all good mate.

DAY 4
Weight: 93.1KG (205lbs) [-1.9KG]
Ketone: 5.3mmol/L
Feeling: Wasn’t feeling great today. Had a little headache in the morning and an upset tummy. Pretty sure I just wasn’t having enough water, sodium, potassium, and magnesium. So I had some Lite Salt and bought magnesium tablets, felt fine after that. Sat through a birthday dinner at a very meaty ketogenic friendly restaurant. It looked amazing but I pushed through and just has a diet coke. Was really happy with the weight loss overnight and overall. Anyway unless I get sicker I’ll keep at it untill sunday, already decided I’m doing lettuce wrapped burgers!

(Eli) #52

I’m going on alone, boys!

DAY 5
Weight: 92.2KG (203lbs) [-2.8KG]
Ketone:5.6mmol/L
Feeling: Feeling the same as yesterday, a little weird but better after having my supplements. I’m really happy with the weight loss so far but not gonna lie, this sucks. I’m not Ill or having bad repercussions but I’m really missing food. Not bad sugar filled food but regular ketogenic meats and veggies. It was really saddening being at the restaurant with the family with them all enjoying delicious meals and I’m sitting there with a diet coke. I don’t NEED to do this, I’m losing weight at a good pace without it but it’s not about that. I want to set a goal and complete the challenge. I want to not rely so heavily on food to break up the day and just be another thing you do on a daily basis. I found myself counting down the hours until I could eat even though I wasn’t hungry. I need to do this for myself. I will complete this. Sorry to ramble on, just had to get it out there.

(back and doublin' down) #53

Totally get this. Good for you ~ KCFO!

Great! KCKO

(Eli) #55

Almost there…

DAY 6
Weight: 91.5KG (201lbs) [-3.5KG]
Ketone: 5.8mmol/L
Feeling: Feeling pretty low energy, enough to get through the day but not enough to do any extra work at home or… well… at work. The Boss unexpectedly showed up and took us all out too lunch and again I just sat there and had a diet coke. They had Parma burgers which looked like just about the best thing in the world, but that was probably just the fasting talking. As if this day couldn’t get any worse I’m going to the movies tonight with a mate. I would usually buy some keto friendly snack and have those throughout but I’ll just be having a Nexba or something. I’ve probably chosen the WORST week to attempt a fast but I guess I’m getting stronger with each challenge I pass. Really looking forward to the burger on Sunday!

(Eli) #56

Finally done!

Day 7
Weight: 91.5KG (201lbs) [-3.5KG]
Ketone: 5.4mmol/L
Feeling: Stomach felt odd all day, Supplements didn’t help. Also not too happy with no weight loss overnight today although I did drink a lot of water and diet coke the night before so my body was probably still processing that. But besides that, I’m super excited. I completed the challenge and pretty proud. I haven’t broken the fast yet, I’ll be doing it late tonight at about the same time I stopped eating last Saturday, CAN’T WAIT.

So overall I’d say it’s a worthwhile experience. Not something I’ll be doing again for at least another month or two, but it helped prove I was fat adapted. After the first two days, I didn’t get any hunger pains. My body was feeding purely on the fat on my body, water, and electrolytes. Hopefully, now I don’t count on food to break up the day as much anymore.

(back and doublin' down) #57

Congratulations, Eli! Have enjoyed your journey through the last week, thanks for sharing. Let us know how it goes breaking your fast after 7 days.

(Maria) #58

Agreed