Preparing for a 7 day fast

(Raj Seth) #21

I used to smoke - quit in 1995 - about when we had to stop smoking at our desks…

Sheesh, that’s impressive!

I hadn’t been tracking how many days I have fasted, apparently I have fasted 25 of the last 75 days, which is a very visually satisfying 33.33%

(TJ Borden) #23

I sure do. My body is perfect for EF… and for wearing a red suite in December.

(TJ Borden) #24

Even in a water fast, Jason Fung has mentioned it’s still okay to use lemons, limes, cucumbers, etc… to flavor water. You end up getting some flavor, but not the calories, so it doesn’t affect the fast.

that’s a great idea!

(back and doublin' down) #26

Mine too, TJ, mine too. at least for a few more months ::;fingers crossed:::

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #27

I love you man.

Perfect advice.

(karen) #28

Funny. Just as Baytowvin said, I ate dinner on Monday night. It’s now time to go to bed on Friday. I will eat dinner tomorrow night. The fast itself has been pretty easy, but when I thought about saying out loud to someone, “I haven’t eaten since Monday”, I kinda freaked myself out.

I don’t love keto-ade - that sweet/salty just doesn’t do it for me. My personal fasting godsend is Pacific organic mushroom broth. Mushrooms, water, salt and garlic, period. It’s got 5 calories per cup, so slightly more than 1 gram of protein (it says 2 but that’s not possible if it only has 5 calories), and no carbs or fat. I heat it up and dilute it with water and my “salt” which is a mix of salt, magnesium and potassium, giving me a good electrolyte hit with just about no diet impact. It also makes me feel like I’m “having dinner” - the combination of the salty umami flavor and warmth.

https://express.google.com/product/15446926136648933883_12173534716553250504_9359450?mall=Northwest&directCheckout=1&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=product_ads&utm_campaign=gsx

(TJ Borden) #29

You’re a great teacher.

(Eli) #30

Alright so here’s the day 0 post so we have a baseline to work off when starting tomorrow.

Weight: 95KG (209lbs)
Ketone: 1.4
Feeling: Pretty normal but ketone level is lower than usual, although I have had a consistent drop recently with no change in diet. I believe my body is using them better.

I don’t have a ketone measure, I really have no idea what or how to interpret them. May I ask which device you use?

My day 0 baselines are as follows

Weight: 53KG (116.6lbs)
Ketones: ?
Feeling: Excellent, just polished off a cup of Carl’s Chocolate Mouse for my final meal. I’ve prepped myself well for what’s ahead, at this point I am hoping to manage 5 days, if I make it for 7 I will be happily surprised. The buddying up might make a difference, I’m curious to see how it affects my fast.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #32

I need a hug emoji.
Thank you sincerely @Baytowvin

(karen) #33

:hugs: that one says “hugs”. Hugs from a person without arms, maybe.

(TJ Borden) #34

Looks more like “jazz hands”

First day down!

I had a pretty easy first day, no cravings and only one wave of hunger at around 6pm, which is when I usually eat my OMAD. I didn’t weight myself today but I should have gone up a kilogram or two just from the sheer volume of food I ate yesterday in preparation for the fast.

I stuck to my perimeters of black coffee, water, soda water and salt. I didn’t make my concoction of ACV & oregano oil this morning for some reason but I feel fine nonetheless.

Hope you had a good start too! @CrumbleUnderPressure

Totally jazz hands.

(Eli) #37

Thanks @crickette! First day down aswell…

Weight: 95.5KG (210lbs) [+0.5KG]
Ketone :2.9mmol/L
Feeling: Feeling normal as this is how long I would usually wait for my one meal. Only had a couple very short hunger pains throughout the day. But how did I gain weight you ask? Well after getting back very late from a party in which only pizza, pizza, lollies, soda and pizza was served (which I had none of) I was very hungry and made a meal a bit larger then what I would usually eat and had that very late close to mid-night. By the time I weighed myself this morning I don’t think my body had processed and passed all the food and diet soda I had eaten so I gained a little.

Today I just went to the shops and picked up some Lite Salt for my Ketoaide and some Pepsi Max to keep me sane haha. All great so far, can’t wait to not eat tomorrow lol. Also a huge jump in ketone level back to optimal levels yay!

Awesome! Hope we have just as good of a second day :slight_smile:

That’s probably a good thing, as I stated before, I always eat more before a fast.

(karen) #39

Ok, so a hug from someone with a phobia … “I like you SO much! But don’t touch me!!!”

(MLD) #40

Just finished an 8 day fast a couple of days ago. Kudos to you - you’ve got this!!