Posts Edited But Not By Me!

(Sophie) #1

I got notification (system) this morning that 2 of my posts were edited over night. It doesn’t appear that the posts have actually changed. It’s just disconcerting to think my posts are being tampered with. And this is the second time I’ve noticed it, which I why I’m saying something now. Anybody else, or is it a ghost in my machine? :ghost:

(less is more, more or less) #2

At some point, the Discourse software provides a content autoupdate to a number of factors:

1. If you quote an entire post, Discourse removes the entire post. I can see why it does that but it puts @juice dander up
  2. Links to off-site images are copied locally
  3. I’m sure there’s other triggers, but I lack the motivation to list them.

This is 2KD’s playground, and we’re just playing in it. This is why I keep my own blog. That way I can do these seemingly random things to others.

@JustPeachy, if you click on the orange pencil, at the top right of your post, it will pop up a history of changes to that post.

The previous (pink indicates what’s changed) will be on the left, while the edits will be on the right (green shows the new changes).

(Running from stupidity) #4

And you can return it to it’s original condition if you marginally change the quoted piece (kinda stupid if you wanted to quote it all) of if you insert [s][/s] anywhere in the test you quoted.

(Running from stupidity) #5

Oh, I can see why they do it as well, but a smarter implimentation would be if the quote was over a certain length. If the post was one sentence, I might need to quote that one sentence.

If it’s three pars, then yes, it should be removed.

However, given the fact that the obviously extremely complex programming task of fixing the dark THEME is yet to be completed, I doubt the above is even within the realms of possibility.

(less is more, more or less) #6

You know the drill, @juice. It’s open source. Roll up those sleeves and get busy, brother.

(Running from stupidity) #7

My only programming skillz revolve around user-testing software and pointing out the bits that need to be fixed :slight_smile:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there, mate? :sunglasses:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

Sophie, it’s weird that I spotted this thread just after it happened to me. I quoted a whole short post for context, and it got removed from my post right after I posted it. Do-do-do-do, do-do-do-do! :fearful:

(Running from stupidity) #10

MAYbe…