Pleased to Meet You

(Guardian of the bacon) #21

Welcome to the forum…

With so many delicious ways to prepare meat…steaming seems low on the list.

As others said…enjoy the fat.

hI JFRIKE

Thank you for the welcome. We can’t eliminate the fat totally I have done that and it causes other problems. However, a mistake obese people like me make is that we overdo the fat and once out bodies switch from glucose burning to fat burning, the system doesn’t work on body fat b/c we are taking in too much fat. A balance is needed.

(Guardian of the bacon) #23

The body will figure out the balance if the brain stays out of the way.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #24

Careful getting too severe.
Fat is not the lever. Insulin is.

See my 30 day steak challenge I just completed in this forum.
In my 3 year keto journey, I have lost 80 pounds, and at least 100 pounds of strictly bodyfat. I have maybe 30 more to go.
During the steak experiment I LOST 10 pounds whilst eating at least 50 grams MORE fat a day as usual.

Mind blown, right?

Listen to a recent podcast with Megan Ramos about changing things up.

Congrats on the weight loss. You lost 80 pounds in three years? Or was that 180?

Your statistics with the steak experiment doesn’t blow my mind.

I am not eliminating fat. I eat eggs with butter, ghee, and I cook meat other ways.

The point I was trying to make and it is something I have read on other LCHF, KETO, Zero Carb etc sites is one of the reasons people aren’t losing weight with this WOE is b/c they are overloading the fat and even though the body is using fat for fuel, there is an excess being put in so it doesn’t work on the fat stores.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #26

Yes. I know own exactly what you are referring to, and many times it turns into fat fearing and “eat the fat off your body” BPC banishment and plate fat restriction to the point of metabolic slow down, and I do not support those groups. I’ve been in them, watched them, and cannot fathom how anyone would want to live that way.

My LBM has increased dramatically, the scale therefore, truly means nothing. I am getting DEXA scans now to better evaluate fat loss.
I likely have 30 pounds bodyfat left to lose. My lean mass continues to increase. I figure 130 pounds fat loss total when I am done, and a total of 20 to 30 LBM gain, if not more.

I know, the scale is useless really isn’t it? It is confusing with how much fat to eat. I just finished a cup of green tea with a tablespoon of coconut oil. Yum! I don’t really do the BPC - or for me it would be BPT since i don’t drink coffee. I have his book and have read it but I don’t want to be living this confused. Really, it is getting to the point where I feel desperate whenever I start thinking of weight loss and fatty liver and blood sugars. Just typing it is causing me anxiety.

However, with all the research I have done, I don’t believe in CICO - that is another way to make the person feel bad b/c if they are overweight it must be there fault - nor do I believe in low fat. My late father had 14 heart attacks in his life and when they first started there was nothing wrong with his cholesterol levels. He was a type 2 diabetic as well. I believe, as Dr. Jason Fung states, that weight gain is caused by insulin and cortisol So I control the insulin levels and I should lose weight.

I also believe in IF. I was reading the report of the morbidly obese Scotsman in the 60s who fasted for just over a year and lost a lot of weight. He was being fed vitamins, water and one tablespoon of nutritional yeast a day. The yeast was to supply protein and avoid his body eating the muscle. I thought the body would eat the fat before the muscle but I’m no scientist.

Sorry for writing a book here but I am a writer. LOL