Please send me postive willpower vibes!

(Ellen) #1

It’s Mum’s birthday today and she’s decided she wants Indian, which is great, but I must not fall back on my past life carbathon order (dhal, rice, naan, chana masala), am psyching self up, wish me luck!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Good luck! Stay strong, and keto on!

(jilliangordona) #3

Make sure you eat a little something beforehand to help curb the temptation!

(Georgia) #4

You can do this!

(Richard Hanson) #5

Good Vibes Ellen,

You should be able to find something to eat off an Indian menu, although it is not easy. Last time I had Paneer Tikka and Maan Sukka Varuval. I read descriptions with care but if it shows up and I am unwilling to eat it, I just take a few polite nibbles and then view it as an opportunity to share. I try very hard not to ask 1000 questions or make a dinning experience all about my diet.

I would focus on enjoying the time with my Mum on her birthday!

Keto for Life,

Warmest Regards,
Richard

(Jen ) #6

You’ve got this!

Try a nice big fat & protein “snack” ahead of time. As @FatMan said- there’s bound to be something on the menu you can try that’s different from carbage! If not- you’ve already had your snack and can just nibble.

Happy Birthday to your Mom! KCKO!

(Ellen) #7

Thanks all :grinning: there’s plenty I can have curry wise just need to strong on the carb front. I CAN do this.

(Richard Hanson) #8

You bet you can!!! You are Awesome!

(Ellen) #9

Cheers Richard :grinning:

(Darlene Horsley) #10

Sending you positive willpower Vibes! You’ll be fine.

(Dave Corbett) #11

Best of luck to you!

Please up date this post and tell us how you did!
I’d love to see some tips on eating Indian food.

(Ellen) #12

Did it as a take out as Mum still not up for much, ended up having a chicken tikka starter & saag paneer, had just under half if each, so got another meal or 2, no rice/dhal/naan. It is possible to not carb out.

(Siobhan) #13

I looooove saag paneer!!!

(KCKO, KCFO) #14

:bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon:

Will good bacon waves do the trick :innocent:

(Ellen) #15

It was proper tasty! The fat from the paneer & the ghee filled me up wonderfully.

(Ellen) #16

Good bacon waves will always help :wink:

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #17

Stay strong! We believe in you!

(Julia Wilson) #18

Super good advice!

(Richard Hanson) #19

Ellen,

What a wonderful keto victory! Congratulations and I hope mum had a great birthday.

Warmest Regards,
Richard

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #20

So glad you made it through. Hope Mum feels better soon.