Pins and needles- carnivore

(Matthew duffy) #1

I have been on A Keto diet for 2yrs… successful and loving how the diet makes me feel. I have lost 12 kg
I have now moved onto a carnivore diet ( 4 weeks in ) this has consisted of quality grass feed scotch fillet, rib eye, porterhouse steak, pasteurised cream, butter, free range eggs, liver pate ( no preservatives) and French Brie, Only eating once a day - I have no hunger.
2 weeks in I have developed what I can only describe as pins and needles all over my body - itchy… not unbearable - I have no sign of rashing. I do lay in the sun for 30 mins a day ( have done this for the whole of summer - Australia I’m obviously lacking in something … should I go back to avacado, spinach, seafood etc… I don’t drink alcohol,only consume good quality coffee with cream, tea with cream and green tea.
I am nervous I will wake up one morning with a head to toe rash. Thanks in advance

(Carl Keller) #2

One person who experienced this on ZC said that M&M’s instantly reversed this symptom so I wonder if the elimination of sugar, whether processed or natural, might have some role in this:

Dr. Berg and this article say it could be from B vitamin deficiency.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

Quoting Dr. Berg? I am surprised @CarlKeller !

The suggestion that someone who is eating a carnivore diet and at the same time is suffering from a vitamin B deficiency of any kind seems pretty unlikely! :cowboy_hat_face:

My suggestion is to return to an omnivore diet and see if the problem resolved itself.