Pinned Posts?

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #1

We Don’t pin anything? I’m sure this has come up before so sorry for going over it again.
I often find myself searching for something that’s been repeated many times.
For example : ‘Is Cholesterol bad for you?’

Now I’ve seen excellent posts here … you know where I’m going with this.
BTW this is very good, simple and helpful for a newbie. It would save Paul wearing out another keyboard.

What you need to know about Cholesterol

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Yes, ideally newcomers would do a forum search and read first, before posting, but Facebook and Twitter are deliberately designed to make their search functions useless, and newcomers never realise that things might be different, here. The Dudes actually prefer it if people resurrect old threads, so that the information stays in one place, but that assumes that people are going to search first, then post. Never hesitate to encourage a newcomer to search for posts on a topic. And how many people ever bother to read the FAQ, which has some good information in it?

We do pin some things, but the system seems to downgrade the pin if the member ignores it. I’ve tried bookmarking posts and threads that I want to be able to return to, but I have never figured out how to call them back up again. It would be nice to be able to link to them. On the other hand, I’m not big on quoting myself, as though I were some kind of expert.

I used to save boilerplate text, but it always needs so much tweaking to fit each circumstance that you might as well type it all out again anyway.

(Robin) #3

And exactly how many keyboards have you gone through?

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #4

I see. I was trying to save you time Paul … As Robin noticed lol

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

I’m on my second keyboard. Probably time to buy a new one, lol!