Period cramps and headache since I started Keto ...should I go on?

I wonder if bcp + keto could lead to an unpredictable response to the diet. Is going off bcp at all an option at this point in your life? I’m guessing you might be taking them for the endometriosis so I realize it gets complicated.

But it sounds like the magnesium plus electrolytes supplements might be helping so that’s good. When I had my periods, I craved chocolate and grains, and I always thought these cravings might be due to low magnesium. I was mostly vegetarian at the time. Supplements didn’t seem to help, but I was never consistent and tended to only take them when my cramps were at their worst. Also, I now realize my high veggie and grain diet might have been preventing absorption due to phytates.

I’ve never had hair loss. I think there’s a predisposition for that so my experience is probably not relevant. But I’ve noticed a lot of posts on that topic here where I’m sure you could find insight.

I don’t know what to say about weight loss. For those of us not really overweight and without underlying metabolic damage or a history of a horrible diet, I’m not seeing a lot of evidence that keto alone works. I still believe LCHF is the most health promoting diet, but keto might not be necessary or the best option for some people. Right now, I tend to think lack of exercise is at the root of my inability to be 10 pounds slimmer. I think exercise would also probably help with my energy by triggering the burning of fuels. I need to get into a routine!

Well, those are my two cents —at this particular moment anyway :grinning: