Pee with a pink hue

(Jayde Hall) #1

So I started keto two weeks ago. I took potassium, magnesium, and drank lots of water. I had virtually no keto flu. My keto sticks have read that I am in ketosis. But my pee has a very light pink hue and there is 0 information anywhere I look. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

(Ellen) #2

Have you been eating much beetroot/blackberries/rhubard? They can all give a pink/red colouring. If it hurts whilst urinating it could be a UTI, there’s probably other possible causes as well (am not a healthcare professional) but believe those are the most common causes. If not the above I’d check with your Dr just to be on the safe side.

(E.O.) #3

Mayo Clinic has info on Pink urine. They leave off another obvious one–could you be starting your monthly cycle?

(Jayde Hall) #4

I for sure do not have a UTI and I haven’t eaten anything that would turn it a pinkish color. I did start my cycle today, but this has been happening for a couple days though.

(Ellen) #5

If it stays the same for a few more days might be an idea to check with Dr.

(E.O.) #6

If you search for how Keto impacts your monthly here in this forum, apparently the diet can make the monthly cycle lighter. This is why I was thinking you may have been experiencing “lighter” and not recognized it as such. I’ve not had that experience–but other gals have.

Aren’t there some otc diuretics that turn your pee blue?

Edit: I googled it and yes diurex and other otc diuretics can turn your urine blue.

(Eryca Mendoza) #8

Hi Jayde, did you ever find the reason for this? I have started keto diet 2 weeks ago and I am experiencing the same, and I cant find information about this anywhere. I am concerned