OXtoberFest ZC Challenge

(Kellyn ) #21

I really appreciate your insights on my journey. You are very helpful and such a big support for this group.

Thanks, Fangs! I am feeling better this morning. I just ate my steak and it seems my stomach is back to normal. Yesterday I ate the burgers I cooked at 9am so around my lunchtime I got a starbucks Flat White with HWC. After work I had to pick my daughter up and head to church so she could get there to practice with the youth band. I decided I should eat (I probably really wasn’t hungry enough but thought I might get hungry later since we were there from 5-8 last night) and the easiest, cheapest option was burger patties from McDonald’s. I should have just fasted until I got home around 8:30 and cooked something at home. I still have the tendency to want to eat when the time of normal eating (lunch, dinner) says I should eat. I guess that is another thing I should work on this month. Only eat when truly hungry.

That’s so great that you were able to just walk away from that popcorn temptation. I think I will probably go through this each season when all the once a season treats come out, but I know the longer I stay on track the easier it will be to just go and eat meat instead.

(Katie) #22

Cold *tofu

(Alex) #23

Hey guys, joining in this one :slight_smile: need some accountability for my experiment in zc!

Been working towards zerocarb for the last week or so,tapering down my carbs from 25g to 10g a day (just blackberries), cut out veggies, and ramped up animal fats.

Playing with fat:protein ratios I’ve found I do better on a ketoAF style 2:1 fat(g):protein(g). It’s a lot of fat but doable.

Sticking with two meal options of either lamb + grated ghee, or beef burger + airfryed beefsuet/trimmings. Cooked from frozen as histamine is an issue for me.

I’m coming from keto aip but curious about possible benefits for my lingering eczema, chronic fatigue and depression/anxiety.

Been really inspired listening to april’s story on the ketowoman podcast so hoping zerocarb with ketoAF ratios can make a difference. I’m thinking it’s gonna take more than a month to see changes as i’m only really cutting out green veg and berries, but doubling my animal fat intake has made a difference within days so who knows.

Oh my. It’s October. Alvaro forgot the name and called it PorktoberFest :smiley: Well, pork sausages are a must for October Fests and pigs are closer to us than oxes :smiley: Is it the plural? Seems odd.

I continue my heroic struggle with carnivore-ish. It’s very ish today as it’s soup day! :smiley: My little soup is very poor considering the amount of vegetables, it’s negligible at this point :smiley: And it’s full with liver dumplings! Egg, ground smoked pork skin and much fried liver. Nice stuff in times with a dangerously low egg supply. As I normally just poach 6-8 eggs in it and the next day another few :smiley: Soup is the frame for my poached eggs.
I made liver spread too and got nostalgic… It was the most common spread as a kid though we didn’t eat the cheap stuff in the shop often, we fed it to the cats. They loved it. We never made it ourselves. Somehow I wasn’t into liver as a kid. Pig liver is a bit hard anyway but I never ever fried it, I need to try it soon!

Guess what, Amy bought chicken liver too :smiley: She felt she did something brave :smiley: As if eating a perfectly good part of an animal would be so special… Well it surely is for people in countries where eating organs isn’t a very normal thing… Countries are different. I never ever saw patties in the stores (but I guess some kind exists in bigger ones… I never looked… but you guys talk about it as it’s something very common thing) but liver is absolutely everywhere, maybe some 3 steps wide mini village stores don’t have it normally but even they have it in tins. It’s only the liver :slight_smile:

This month… That won’t be anywhere as perfect as November but I need to train for it…
I will eat more liver and fish if I can, I don’t know why I have this aversion to tasteless fish :smiley: I actually can make okay food with it so when I make it, I can enjoy it but I rarely can bring myself to do that. I strongly prefer tasty ingredients that are great as is.
I will keep various food items in my fridge so I won’t be hungry and lost, feeling I ate from everything already and want something new. It’s a special lack of proper meat situation as if I have some substantial stew or big roasted pork or whatever, I never have this problem. But I have so many things so with some planning, it will be fine.

I so would try that :smiley: Some lucky carnivores eat bison. I would need to order from some super expensive webshop with a fridge truck thing :smiley:
Well, we have deers, it’s something. Getting deer meat isn’t hard and it’s very delicious. And I rarely like lean meat. But it’s good. It’s the special case when I don’t fry/bake the hell out of a meat, it’s lovely when pink.

I wondered about it. Whatever, I didn’t eat beef since too many months either. I look to the general direction of the beef farm very expectantly in October. Beef is expensive but some would be very nice.

Should I come up with something special for this month? That I do each and every day despite everything?
No peanuts :smiley: I am not obsessed anyway but I eat a single piece sometimes and on certain rare off days, more. Well, I can stop that.
But what can I do on already cute carni-ish days? I don’t give up my sugar free mustard, I barely use that anyway. I won’t buy tinned fish with sauce anyway. Giving up cream for a month is a bit much due to my coffee addiction. Coffee drinking is borderline impossible to quit and I focus on more important things. I already never eat sweetener on carni-ish days as it’s not in my definition (and their use is pretty much plummeted on off days too). And no one can take away my ice cream (that I never want on carni and I don’t have enough eggs to make some since long but it’s the principle what matters).
Hmmm… No coffee with cream outside of my proper eating window, it’s easy, my plan anyway. No, NOTHING outside of my proper eating window. Except black coffee and plain tea, I am trying to be realistic here. And water but that’s obvious. Maybe lemonade if I am at horribly low energy (my lemonade is water with a few drops of lemon juice but I have mint in my garden too. I use it once a year).

But my main goal for October is getting meat for November. Proper meat I like, in variety. Emu, ruminant, pork and chicken, that would please me. And liver, fish (hake and tuna), sausage and smoked pork ribs, chuck and hocks. Various mostly zerocarb cheeses (I never have problems in this area). And as many eggs as I want. Nothing can go wrong there.

It’s my carni-ish day #2 today and it’s easy to continue for a while. If I feel things get hard (and not because I want grapes), I immediately will raise my meat consumption. In 8 days I get something proper again, fish, liver and smoked pork will sustain me until then. I never did carni-ish for that very long and it’s grape season. Tricky. But that’s the beauty and fun of challenges :smiley:

We will see if I will be this enthusiastic, like, 5 days into this… I would give up without sausages (I get some on Saturday, hopefully), I miss them :frowning: It’s easy without processed meat if you have something proper but it’s vital in my life… Well I wouldn’t give the tasty dry sausages with lots of paprika for anything :smiley: My egg sandwiches aren’t the same since I don’t have those.

So now I feel pretty heroic (well, that’s an exaggeration :D). About 60g pork for today and no proper meat for the next week (EDIT: I forgot my little pork stew in the fridge. yay! no problem then)… No sausages right now… Very little smoked pork chuck… Almost no eggs… I don’t even want to see cheese anymore… My quark is low-fat and has an odd texture (I just had to try, they said it’s creamy. it’s not. of course I mix it with fatty things so the low-fat part doesn’t bother me this one time. I always hated low-fat dairy with a passion though). I have fish I don’t actually want, it will come handy later.
It’s a miracle I can eat anything. Well a little of everything works for now. I even have some quite tasteless fatbombs! But I appreciate the energy.

Maybe every time I buy something, I just need to buy 2 times as much? My freezer has space now. Yeah, I will do that when I buy something I actually know it’s good so it’s worth it.

So unlucky year. The beef farm disappeared for many months, the little rabbits of the egg lady kept dying (we were supposed to get some in August, we planned to buy more and we can’t do it this year)… A not very far shop selling emu meat went out of business… But we still will get some and fresh one at that!

[…]
I am after my dinner. And my second dinner as I was hungry, well, no wonder, too low cal and only adequate protein. It’s super hard when I don’t want to eat anything, I am just hungry. Annoying, really. I try to keep more things in the fridge, I can be super choosy sometimes.
Oh well, carni day #2 is done. I probably will drop the fatbomb idea, too many problems with it.

Oh and another idea for October. Extremely easy :smiley: No-booze October :smiley: I plan a carni November so no-booze November is a given too. I will drink in December.

Tomorrow I go back to OMAD. Both OMAD and TMAD has benefits and downsides but now that I am choosy (=I don’t desire any food in existence, not even when I am weak and hungry), it’s not a good idea to eat without any hunger as I did today. I didn’t think and I had my freshly made soup with liver dumplings… Not I desired that but well, warm soups are nice on gloomy days.

And I want experiments in October too. As in every other month! Especially regarding fat and protein, how much I can eat in one sitting… Maybe I never ever made my regular high-calorie day a carni day. It happens on an off day when it’s easier. I need to make plans…
I realized already that my fat/protein ratio is totally irrelevant as long as I keep both macro in the usual range (not like I have power to put them anywhere else), 80-180g. The type of fat matters a bit but I get satiated with calories, basically. It’s useful, I look at my numbers and I can make an educated guess if I will be fine before bed or raid the fridge (okay, eat an egg but sometimes it’s more).
But I want to try various styles and food items to see if something interesting happens…
I am curious about my weightlifting performance too, on a slightly longer term carni. It goes very well lately, it doesn’t even matter how I eat, my sleep and the weather has more impact through my mood… And I noticed eating more never hurts… But maybe I see something interesting later.

(Edith) #25

How about going “cold tofurkey?”

(Keto Koala 🐨) #26

Hi guys​:grinning:. October…oxtober…porktober…:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:. Such a lovely positive thread.:heart:. Yup Shinita is right…i bought chicken livers…and I only ever had beef liver…as a kid…and wasn’t a fan… but…IRON!!! I need it…i just hope they don’t explode and it rains liver that I then have to clean.:see_no_evil: So today… bbq burger pattys…and cheese… And ok… sorry sorry mushrooms and a teeny handful of lettuce… I’m getting there.:sob::see_no_evil:. But I burn the pattys cos I like it… but Shinita told me.charcoal gets rid of calories and I need them. So no more burning food… plus the smoke alarm is awful.:see_no_evil::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:. ( you have to bash it with a broom). I need to eat soon… I have no set time now… but smoked bacon… is yummy and very high in calories. And I thank Shinita for that too, I bought it because of her.:heart:. She enjoyed her birthday presents… I felt like the devil sending her all these Aussie sweets, bit it’s exotic.:heart:. I really do hope to eventually eliminate all plant matter. I don’t use much…very very minimal.:heart:. @FrankoBear that’s sweet what you said to Shinita, cos we love her on here . @Fangs you really started good creative threads here…with your monthly zero carb stuff…and funny names for each month.:heart_eyes:. Meanwhile I went for a very long walk today and saw flowers
…chickens…and I kissed all the flowers and hugged trees…and babytalked the chickens.:heart_eyes:. Then my flatmate wanted McDonald’s.:roll_eyes:. I went in there… it stank…and on the radio they were going on about heart attacks… haha… there was nobody in there… they probably do it on purpose so they don’t have to work ad hard.:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:. Next meal I think will be smoked bacon and eggs. I got nice jumbo ones. I bought lamb chops today…its been MONTHS and they were on special.:heart_eyes:. I’m trying the best I can… I may have more hospital to come with the tumor… And there’s NO such thing as zero carb In hospital. But it’s worth it…and I’ll heal. It’s a process. Happy oxtober. And yup…i would try Ox or bison… the American Indians ate bison stew… And it sounds yummy.:heart:

Oh my. I didn’t know the bacon was because of me. Well when both farms were out, I did buy bacon… I don’t plan to do it again, well maybe the strip kind once to try? As I bought them in super tiny cubes. Bacon isn’t my thing, way too fatty (even after frying the lil cubes) and I can’t get it from proper sources, some are tasty, some are not, some has sugar… Nope. I rather stick to the pig farm stuff. But it was better than nothing.

(Bob M) #28

You can do oxtail:

HI and welcome to the challenge.

Go for it, dump those berries and other plant junk and you truly could see big benefits towards your issues. It surprises the heck out of low carb or keto plan people that come into zc and dump all plants and they are shocked how much better they do feel. Even if they are extremely low in their few plant carb intake, going zero can be quite an eye opening experience.

Come on and go zc all the way and we will help all we can if you have questions. OXtoberFest is a great month to go for a challenge! :slight_smile: But time and healing and adaption does take some time but you will be fine!

Remember everyone, this is a zero carb, dump all plant eating challenge.

I absolutely understand some are ‘on that fence’ and are in that zone of right on the verge, that one step from going all in.

Thing is with a challenge, we do just that. We challenge ourselves to go all in and eat zc only. We support each other in chatting out strategies to not eat the plants and stay on our zc plan.

One of the best strategies, just eat all the meat/seafood you can when hungry. That for me was the best advice any longer term zc person ever told me. And it works. If that belly is full and your body is nourished so well, one can fortify their resolve so much stronger against the carby foods one might have on their mind every now and then. So key is eat eat and eat a bit more if needed :slight_smile: Food is our friend on zc.

Everyone run toward that challenge best you can!! This is the month, OXtoberFest and we want no plants in our lives for us to run after a great zc plan to help us heal and see personal changes that the plan can give us.

Gesundheit.

Yesterday I got an oxtail at the butcher as well as steaks. The oxtail was cut up. First I baked it in the wood fire oven for awhile then I put it in the slow cooker overnight, topped up with water and pink salt.
This morning there is not much fat on the top but the water is full of that oily look that I recognise as collagenous gelatin (the carnivore’s fibre). A taste test discovered it was quite bland. So, I got a teaspoon of concentrated bone broth (beef bones + sea salt) and mixed it in a large cup of the oxtail broth. Then, I thought, salt is important, so I added a teaspoon (4g) of pink Himalayan salt to the cocktail. Or, should I say oxtail? It is a bit too salty now. But I was hoping to get my 2g of sodium. The salt does amazing things to the broth. I can imagine ancestors eating boiled meat soup and then a traveller from the coast turns up and trades some salt. It would have been a revelation.

Today I still feel under par. But the headache has subsided and the very high pitched tinnitus I experienced along with it has subsided a lot after my morning cup of salty beef bone broth.

I walked the dog at the beach this morning. We were the only ones on the beach for awhile. It was weird because it is a school holiday break here and there are people overcrowding the local village. It seems people aren’t here for nature. I don’t mind. They can stay inside.

Fasting blood glucose: 5.1mmol/L (92) blood ketones 0.3mmol/L = low insulin state.

This cruddy feeling when kicking off … actually I have been off colour since mid-September. But this adaptive phase, like the “keto flu” when starting nutritional ketosis, obviously is where the ‘listen to your body’ advice can be misleading, or taken with a massive dose of nuance. My body, mainly my brain is yelling, "Whut. Are. You. Doing!?" We have to believe the inner hippy saying, “It’s your body de-toxing.” The unsaid part is, and it feels like you are being poisoned by an internal assassin. I’m looking forward to looking back. Looking back on this comment from a bright new life where energy is abundant and every breath is life.

I had a sore right foot last week. That suspected plantar fasciitis has all but disappeared while I’ve been whining about headaches and caffeine withdrawals.

(Patty W) #32

Well September worked out so well, I figure I may as well come along for the ride this October too :slight_smile: I put my month end summary in the Slaptember thread, but overall very pleased with results. I’ve been going back & forth about starting to reintroduce pork & chicken this week or not. I’m going to continue on with just the beef for now…but that darn steamed egg dish looks so tempting! (And some coffee with HWC sounds good some mornings). I like not having to think about stuff too hard for now, I’ve sorta got a routine down. And while I know better than to focus on ZC as a weight loss diet, my body is finally letting go of some of the excess, & I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to maximize those results. I feel like I’m a 12-step program, just taking it one day at a time…Guess that means I just got my 30 day chip? Does that make Fangs our sponsor? :yum:. Happy October gang!

@daddyoh Are you still around and about. How did your 2020 carnivore attempt go? (from Feb)

Day 2 #Lesson Learnt no.1: Gah, had some coffee and headache and tinnitus instantly disappeared by second mouthful. I’m going to have to take the coffee away a bit slower. Too much all at once. Interestingly I feel really comfortable now and I’m ready for my steak. :slight_smile: :coffee:

@Polly1 cold turkey coffee turned out to be foolish. I’ll do it step-wise. There is more wisdom in that. For coffee.

Stupid coffee. I don’t always enjoy it (to put it lightly), I can’t always drink it black, it has disadvantages and no benefits at all except I feel some obsession to make and drink one… Or 4 as this morning… I really should try to stop, it makes zero sense.

I got out the fried fish from the freezer. Just to be safe. Though I have wonderful liver spread (with way less fat than the normal recipes)… It’s great right from the fridge as it’s hard a bit :smiley: So fun to eat, it looks like and sounds like some milk chocolate and the taste is probably better though it’s hard to compare :smiley: So I don’t spread it, rather bite :smiley:
I make my usual pancakes for the liver (not like I couldn’t eat it up alone but I have such a small amount. next time I will make more) but some will be filled with cheese. I still didn’t do pancakes filled with stew with sour cream and paprika yet but it will happen one day.
Oh and surprisingly, this liver dish is pretty nice without onion. I always miss it when I eat mere fried liver. I used some spice mix and it has onion powder but extremely little. I read recipes. People use various amount of fat (usually a lot, up to as much as liver), onion, garlic and sometimes apple… Well mine is liver and fat (coconut oil as we run out of lard. and I don’t dare to use tallow for anything that is for both of us, I actually totally forgot about my old tallow - it’s sheep tallow - but I will use it today! I just need to get the smell out of the kitchen or Alvaro will complain. and he rarely complains but tallow, that’s horrible to him. way worse than lard, he accepts lard for pork dishes. I soooo will buy pig liver and fry it in lard :)), the ratio is 10:3 for now so it’s very rich in liver… Maybe I will use 10:5 next time but I don’t really want it to be 1:1… A little spice (surprisingly, not paprika this time. even I don’t put it into everything just almost) and that’s it. I am pleased. Tomorrow I buy liver again, back to home from the pig farm shop.

Things go very smoothly now but it’s only day #3 :slight_smile: And it’s not like I am super strict but try to be strict with little meat, I dare you. I am very pleased with myself.
But I have variety today, only tiny amounts… Meat wise: liver, smoked pork and optionally a little fish (and no proper meat but there was some in the last 3 days so I am fine for a while). The majority of the fish will be tomorrow’s lunch, nicely coated as I did before, with whipped eggs and cheese. The fish isn’t tasty, it needs a tasty coat!

My weight is 72kg as always. I wonder if it will ever change :smiley: I am no particular hurry, I want more energy, first of all. But that’s complicated, many factors influence it… Still, eating is very important.

yes and for some adaption can be very tough and also just healing. Your body is using alot of your food intake to heal, puts it to work for you and has alot of process to focus on as we spend time on this plan. Longer, longer we go the better we come out the other side :slight_smile:

This is where we can let the uncomfortable take us from our direction.

I think you are smart to go slow off coffee, not a darn thing wrong with that. I think sometimes we combine ‘too much at one time’ and we almost wreck ourselves, so while adapting and healing and more, it is smart to tackle things like cutting coffee in a walk down step, that way we feel more normal while becoming unnormal while we change ourselves.

In truths alot of zc situations are due to undereating. When our bodies say, wow I am just not that hungry and you don’t have that draw to eat immediately but if you do eat a little, well…that is better than not eating kinda. Sometimes we eat a tiny bit thinking no way I can eat this and then next thing you know, you ate it all. I am still like that. I can go very very long without food easily but I also know that eating is key on this plan, so I make sure even if not that hungry and I am not drawn to eat, I still try to eat a little and usually that puts me into eating a full meal. Which if I can eat it, the body needs it! I truly can not eat when I am truly not hungry. But if on that bit of kinda hungry, I try to eat something and usually, I am eating decent then.

Newer we tend to flip our appetites around alot and this is normal. Sometimes we need to listen to the body but watch out for ques that can go against us. Not that hungry? It is around meal time for you normally? Hmmm, try and eat and see if your body is fooling you a bit LOL

Not saying you are doing this, but remember too to not let anything like bone broth take your appetite from you. Eat solid dense good food then things like a bit of coffee or bone broth if you want.

Great report FB!

I get this LOL when our bodies are in the dump the lbs off the scale mode we never want that to stop, I hear ya on that one :wink:

just be careful ‘maximizing’ it. Old dieting baggage can come into mind ya know, like you think wow I am losing right now so great, maybe I will eat a bit less and help it along…nah don’t work good like that on zc. Not saying this is you by any means, just saying you keep eating as your body asks.

Like for me I lost my big weight early on then just stopped. I am losing my last 20-25 vanity lbs I want gone but those are going very slow now, tiny bit by tiny bit but hey, 1.4 lbs gone in Sept for me and while that is insane crazy slow on a ‘dieters’ field of play, I am psyched by that tiny amt. Cause I never change a thing. I eat all I want, when I want, any meat/seafood I want and don’t give my ‘diet plan’ a thought, I just eat my zc lifestyle food and thrive and get results. Sometimes slow but who cares, I am over all health improving so that trumps everything else.

Plus being longer on plan I about, what, 2-3-4 months ago wrote I flipped again. Like I got a more deep down healed body and boom, I started losing 2, 2.5 lbs for a month or so and I was like WOW…but that has slowed again but in the end, we do the plan, time gives us benefits and our bodies change us on its timeline.

ew…just chatting and rambling on that one! You are doing so great.

Morning OxtoberFest challengers!!

food yesterday was

12 oz ribeye steak
few slices bacon stolen from hubby
1/2 lb cheeseburger patty
6 slices salami
2 beef sticks

Just cruising along. No more loss, no gain ever so that is fine. Just holding at my low and feeling great.

Pulled something in my darn neck. UGH. I had neck surgery like 20 yrs ago and all went perfect with that! Now the other side has ‘that crappy feeling’ and I am going slow and moving careful. But hopefully I can get over it, I think I can date it back to when we moved the dryer out of the house to replace it with the new one after it died. Its annoying ya know, I want to move full speed, jump canyons, lift my hubby up and over my head ya know, I got so much energy for all that but this neck thing, whew slows me down for sure :crazy_face::scream:

NY Strip steak for later. pair up with shrimp. Not sure what other food might be. Kinda nothing is in my mind, so probably hit more burgers. Beauty of the plan, whatta ya want after eating steak and shrimp? Who knows, oh the hardships I have on this zc plan :shushing_face::relaxed:

We got a fine OxtoberFest happening for us!!

Eating when one is just a little bit hungry… I know where are you come from, Fangs and it’s the right attitude in many cases. But not in every one. I seem to have problems with small meals in my hungrier times. I mean… It’s totally the case now, I have some problems with being hungry and not having food to eat because I don’t want anything I actually have, I work on it though. If I start to eat when I am not really hungry, I end up with a small meal. And I will have a very hard time to get satiated when I get hungry again. While waiting helps with appetite and meal size so I eat my single meal and will be satisfied for a day. It doesn’t work in easily satiated times, it just cause undereating then. But nowadays I am hungrier and eating enough is no challenge.
I always feel best when I eat rare but big meals. That is natural to me. Not always so I have TMAD days too - and in extremely easily satiatied times or when I need more energy, I can eat 5 times, super rare but if I need it, I do it.

So I guess we should figure out what works for us. And it’s not necessarily always the same.

When I first tried carni, it was very obvious. I got hungry, I ate. I was definitely hungry or definitely not. It was too perfect :smiley: Now I got back my very fuzzy hunger/satiation signs. And appetite can ruin everything, I mean, lack of it. I don’t desire food without hunger now. Why I have food aversion sometimes, I don’t know. I have variety, all my food is good… Maybe I think and write too much about food so I get bored without eating? :smiley: I don’t think so.
But I actually wanted to write one longer comment a day only…

HA HA
I know when I chat too much about food or read someone eating whatever foods off plan and such it can drag me down a rabbit hole LOL

Thing is on zero carb our appetites direct us with more real truths.
But this takes time on zero carb for it to happen. It won’t happen at the same time for any of us on zc plan.

What is super important on zc is eat. One must eat. Even if we eat a smaller meal, when kinda hungry again we should eat again.

All this eating when hungry is important. We need the food to adapt/change/heal. So when someone NEW starts into carnivore, key to the whole darn plan working best for most of us is friggin’ eat and eat well.

That is why most zc people always agree eat til you can’t take another bite. And it is not, hmm, I am kinda full I might stop now cause I don’t want to eat too much type thought, it is you put that last forkful in your mouth and you say, omg I can not at all put another piece of meat in my tummy. That is how we should be eating when we start carnivore.

A new to plan, maybe month or 2 or 3 mo. person will never be a ‘into a year or more’ eating carnivore person on hunger, what meats/seafoods suit us best, and all and we must give it time on plan to learn real personal hunger truths about us.

On carnivore we have to get out of our own way. We eat. Eating is #1 key to this plan. But old dieting baggage we draw with us says that we should not eat all we want, when we want…but that is exactly what one should do on zc.

We think we should not eat 5-6-8 or more even times a day but on zc, if you need to eat that much, you eat that much and never look back. A newer person on plan has to eat all they can, when they need it, and if the hunger is lower, you get more satisfied etc…you should still check your appetite with food. See if you can eat. You might, you might not…but many think they are not that hungry but when they do try a bit of food, whammo they suck it all down and think, wow, that was good, I needed that even if my hunger was lower, I sure got it down me in fine form and am happy and content with a full belly.

Eating all you need, any time you want, any time of day you need it is a hard concept to switch over to but carnivore when starting requires this or one can’t ‘eventually heal and fall into their true eating pattern’ that suits their personal body.

While we are all individual, what our bodies require for full on healing, getting thru adaption times and changing into zc for long term means we all should eat. Eat our fill at all times. Never restrict/limit/not eat when hungry.

That is one of the biggest downfalls of why carnivores can’t make it.

They don’t eat enough. They think they are eating enough, but they are not and in the end, many jump fast cause ‘this plan wasn’t’ the miracle cure they thought it would be for them, but in the end, alot of that reason was they just didn’t eat enough at all.

All ZC people. EAT. EAT all ya need when you need it. Never be shy on that. Your appetite will flip from ravenous to satisfied longer to 1 meal a day to 2 meals or maybe you need 6 feedings in day. None of it matters!!! All that matters is we eat to give the body what it asks for to heal internally and it requires good nutrition and fuel to do this. Later, when the body is more balanced and healed on plan, and this can be different for each of us on a timeline for just that…it will change your appetite. Your body will ask for what it needs when it needs it…but in the beginning of zero carb our hunger signals do get switched a bit where we are on that fence of not sure if I should eat or not…when in doubt, eat if you can!!

just throwing out some thoughts on zc and how it works for most cause if you go on other zc/carnivore forums, you will see most new people eat way more than one would ever think and are doing exceptionally well and thriving, healing and changing, then ya got the longer term veterans on plan who just fit all the food they require in a day into 1 or 2 meals and they are in that zone.

But zc is eat. eat. and if in doubt, eat. What should a newbie into zc do? EAT! Truly is is a priority!

(Elizabeth ) #39

As somebody who’s been in this community for about 5 years, almost three 100% carnivore, I also mod two strict carnivore groups on Facebook including one that has a 13-year carnivore admin, meaning she has seen tens of thousands of people through the years, she also owns and runs the zero carb health website, 99% carnivore is very difficult. 100% is easy. Also, I know dozens of 5 plus year carnivores and 99% of them eat at least twice a day. They also all eat a minimum of a pound and a half of meat some as much as 3 or 4 lb daily. In the absence of any science in this way of eating, I think our best ideas on what works is to look to those who have been successfully eating this way for many many years. The advice to new people is always going to be eat whenever you’re hungry even if that’s six times a day. It can take 6 months to a year of 100% carnivore to truly be fully adapted. And vegetables and plants can really hinder you truly understanding that deep body hunger for the nutrients in meat that your body absolutely requires. There is nothing in plants or vegetables that are required by the body that cannot be gotten from meat, actually more easily as the nutrients in meat and fat are perfectly balanced and bioavailable for us. So I would encourage anybody especially in this challenge for 100% carnivore month of October, to just relax, get lots of nice yummy meat and eat as much as you want whenever you feel hungry. Unless you have a serious eating disorder, and even in that case as we have seen through the years in the groups, it is practically impossible to overeat meat and fat. if you do happen to eat 5 lb 1 day, you probably won’t be hungry the next day.

Just going to throw this out there for the folks who are struggling to go 100% carnivore. This might just be an n=1 for me, but it is worth a try if you can’t seem to go full on 100%. Fasting. What helped me to go and stay 100% carnivore, was fasting.
It was like hitting the re-start button on the Macbook. Just to cleanse the palate, reset the innards, reset my mind, and lose the taste for other stuff, I fasted. You can go 1 day, 2 days, 3,4,5,6,7…whatever. (Its only an idea if you don’t know how else to start.) I had been working my way up to a 7 day fast, so that is what I did. How did I break my fast? a few ounces of prime rib with melted butter. =) That was last August that I did that, then entered September and became carnivore. Yes, I jumped boat in there for a while, but I’m back.
Let me repeat that this is only a suggestion.

As for eats yesterday…
I regretted skipping breakfast
Ate beef , eggs and cheese for lunch.
Chicken and butter for dinner

Going for some fresh eggs for breakfast - might throw some tuna in and make it a tuna melt. IDK yet. But that was really tasty the morning I made that for my kiddo.

Got today off, so gonna run some errands and get things done. Left a message w the dr office to call me for an appt time- I cannot see going on and on with no end in sight with Aunt Flo. Progest does not seem to have any effect whatsoever on the bleeding. Oct 7 will hit the 60 day mark - and, I don’t know how I am still alive. (Guessing because carnivore replenishes my body’s needs.) I am not into invasive medical anything…but 60 days is my line in the sand. By the time I can get in, it will certainly be 60 days.

BTW…felt absolutely stoked yesterday after doing the truck. Only me and one manager. Almost 500 boxes/totes. No aches, no pains, no fatigue. Only annoyed that they make us wear masks when we’re half outside for the time. It gets hot under there! Had some water, then worked out 4 uboats of product before lunch. It feels great not to ache anymore!

Have a great day all!