Other people editing posts

Hello,
I received a notification that my post had been edited and I guess it was an admin. Is there anyway to figure out why? I’m new here and would like to know if I violated some rule.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Probably not. The system dislikes replies that quote an entire post, and will sometimes remove the quoted post. If you really need the other post for context, leave off the final punctuation mark, or edit the post in some way. It’s not a rule, per se, just how the Discourse software was designed to work.

If an admin edits your post, we usually tell you what we did and why. Except that I often just move threads to the proper category without bothering to say anything.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

I see what happened. One of the admins inserted a carriage return between the link for your second photo and the beginning of your text. If you don’t put each link on a separate line, it sometimes fails to display properly.

So you didn’t do anything wrong, we were just trying to be helpful.

Thank you! Was worried I said something bad lol. I’ll learn :wink:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

You’re fine! I’m tempted to make a joke about booting your ass if you step out of line, but coming from an admin, it’s not so funny. I have to be such a grownup now. :frowning: :cry: :sob:

(Scott) #6

There was a person on MFP that would literally take any keto comment quote it and insert something along the lines of “or just use calorie deficit”. She would than add “fixed it for you”. It was so annoying, I am so glad to be rid of that place.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

That wouldn’t fly well here! I’m glad you came over to the “dark” side!

Or perhaps I mean “fell down the rabbit hole”. :rabbit2:

(Scott) #8

It was more like they kicked me out but I never asked to go back either. They had this goofy “WOO” button. Someone mentioned Dr. Jason Fung and I said “people don’t like him around here so watch your woo meter peg out” Next morning I was banned.

PaulL my post disappeared also. It was about being on Keto with Parkinsons but my symptoms were getting worse. Can you get that one back please? Thank u!

(Running from stupidity) #10

This one?

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/new-to-keto-and-doing-it-for-parkinsons-but-symptoms-getting-worse/75930

Yes

(Running from stupidity) #12

In that case, it hasn’t disappeared :slight_smile:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #14

I moved it to the health category which is locked to non-members to increase your privacy and categorize more appropriately, that’s all. Sorry to confuse you.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #15

@Dashgirl You’ve been a member long enough to be able to see the Health forum, even though it’s locked.

This sort of thing is likely to happen from time to time, because we are tidying up and moving threads into better categories as seems appropriate. Anyone who is what the Discourse software calls a “regular” can do that, by the way. (hint-hint!)

(Running from stupidity) #16

I move the crazy not-eating ones out of “keto chat” into the appropriate forum so I don’t have to see them. #ALWAYSGIVING

Thank you! :slight_smile:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #18

BooHoo Paul, you love it :joy:

(Running from stupidity) #19

And at some point, with enough practice, he’ll get good at it [1].

[1]This is not a guarantee

(Scott) #20

It’s keto magic striking again.

(Ashley) #21

Just throwing this out there. I’m really enjoying seeing more familiar names as admins! Some of the names for me are recognizable! Really great to see!