One thing at a time

I just read a comment in a post about the body only being able to do one thing at a time, thus meaning there is no true weight loss stall as the body must be working on fixing something else (i.e. organ damage, bone density, etc). Is this true? If so, where did you find this information. Lastly, how does this fit in with this info:

I was trying to find the post I read the comment in, but I can’t anymore. So, apologies to the unnamed commenter.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #2

I don’t know that anyone really understands weight loss stall. There are a lot of theories. I suspect there are a lot of reasons. I think Richard’s theory works very nicely for the theory of set points. But I also believe the steady state theory of stalls and the other repairs.

I’ve see stalls broken with:
time
more meals
fewer meals
different timing of meals
increase calories
decreased calories
food elimination
extra water
different supplements
renewed focus
extra gym
less gym
meditation

And given the time factor, maybe none of the above worked other than time.

The fact is, this isn’t that well understood. It’d be hard to recruit volunteers for a study.

(Liz) #3

So true…what works to break a stall for one may not work for another. For me, my most recent stall was a combination of time and on a couple of days eating a little more and at different times.
Interesting thread and be watching to see what else is suggested.