Omg I love Dr. Jason Fung

(gooeykablooey) #1

K there are a lot of smart people here. I’m really not one of them and frankly most of the resources just go right over my head and I spend 90% of the time looking up word definitions while reading them. So I stopped trying to understand a lot of the science and just try living a ketogenic life. Which doesn’t work long term because I tend to not stick to things if I don’t know how they work exactly.
Anyhoo. Was needing some inspiration yesterday and ended up watching Butter Bob Briggs and he more than once referenced Dr. Fung. So today I watched two videos from Fung and I can honestly say I get it now. I understand WHY fasting is such an important tool. And why ketogenic diet alone isn’t the solution to so many issues. His explanations are so simple and to the point and I didn’t have to pull out the dictionary even once!
I’m hoping his book is just as easy to understand because it’s going to be added to my library asap

(bulkbiker) #2

Which book are you getting? He has 2 “The Complete Guide to Fasting” and “The Obesity Code”.
For the fasting techniques the first one is probably better… for the science behind his thinking the second… both are well worth reading though…

(gooeykablooey) #3

Oh I only knew about The Obesity Code but will probably get the fasting one first now that I know about it! Thank you!

(bulkbiker) #4

No worries… it was co-authoerd with Jimmy Moore

(Keto in Katy) #5

It is awesome how many good resources we have now to help us along this path. This forum is certainly one of the very best.

When I started keto in 2013 (and in the months following) I watched lots of videos and presentations by people like Jason Fung, Gary Taubes, Eric Westman, Nina Teicholz, Tim Noakes, Sarah Hallberg, Zoe Harcombe, Ted Naiman, Andreas Eenfeldt (Diet Doctor), and many others – it was enormously helpful in gaining an understanding of how macronutrients impact our health. And how the status quo nutritional guidelines are utter crap, driven by politics and money, not public health.

Dr Jason Fung is a fantastic person, and not just a great doctor. Before he was “famous”, I used to email him questions, as I was learning keto and how to do extended fasting. He would email back helpful tips and encouragement. He is a superb human being.

(VLC.MD) #7

Just so LOL.