Nurse Cindy telling the truth about stalls at Keto Salt Lake

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1

She is on fire, funny and so honest. This is very motivating and easy to watch.

Keto Salt Lake 2019-14-Cindy Miller RN: When your weight loss stalls, what to do?

Burning Fat when NOT in Ketosis
(Randy) #2

She’s a treasure!!!

Love her!!!

(Bunny) #4

What I find very profound about what Nurse Cindy said in her lecture is:

”…The human body does NOT know how fat you are…” (paraphrased example)

…leptin resistance?

Let’s say you go to a fast food restaurant and order a standard meal and get a hamburger, fries and a drink!

How could you keto that and eat the whole thing?

In reality this is a super food (high octane fuel) if you just ate a quarter of this meal including the soda and fries, that could probably sustain you for a very long time being that you could sustain the later drop in blood glucose and let your body figure out what to do with the deficit in energy balance by making ketones for energy. (you do not need meat and fat to make ketones)

But you just bought this delicious meal and spent your money on it so why would you want to waste it or save it for later, that would render it cold and who wants cold food?

That makes me think of energy expenditure and the immediate intake of food for energy rather than using itself for energy, always dependent on an external source of energy for fuel. (should not really work like that?)

Now if you did my little hamburger happy meal analogy above in reverse, that is kind of what we want to do with keto when we reach a stall?

Slowly decreasing carbohydrates in the smallest increments possible because that is what a stall is, it is a shock to the metabolism and if it thinks you are trying to starve it, it is going to fight you back tooth & nail.

Physical activity and the need for energy, there are all these apps out their for macros, calorie counting etc. in my opinion are absolutely useless, because your measuring the energy in food and you have no idea what your body is really going to do with it, our human metabolism is catabolic not static like a gas tank in a car. We are not a gas tank, we are the fuel?

When we measure the calories in food all we are doing is going around in a circle and chasing our own tail because all this anabolic energy is going into a system that can accommodate for what we think is not available to it and not allowing it to compensate for that loss in a healthy way?

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

Good humor, at a level anyone can understand, she is great.

Really loved her family report!