November 2022 if/ef chat thread

(Robin) #1

Just getting us into the new month.

(KCKO, KCFO) #2

Thanks Robin.

I will be continuing the timed eating window approach. I did well for a few weeks, then went back to regular way of eating coffee for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Bounced horribly. I was also under a LOT of stress.

I went back to the timed eating protocol and already lost the bounce up and I seem to be stable again.

(Robin) #3

Whew. It’s such a relief when you find your groove again, isn’t it?

(Michael) #4

I am doing one more month (at least/at most?) of ADF with M, W, F as fasting days. Doing it for IR improvements (I hope) as well as lower a1c + lipids testing. Since I have most of two months worth of data, I will not be taking data for this month in general. Good luck to everyone who fasts this month.

The month didn’t start good IF wise… sigh Or “no coffee” wise :smiley: But I went back to carnivore after my way carbier times and that goes smoothly, I don’t even feel a hint of temptation towards anything else, not even when I have super lean chewy meat (there are ways to eat that ;))… But of course, I am usually determined when November comes.

I do want to get my tiny eating window soon but if I get hungry early, what can I do…?
Stupid night eating still comes when I am not perfectly satiated at that time but I start to feel my determination raising, I am SERIOUS now and will solve this!

The day before yesterday was 4MAD (6-6.5 hour eating window), yesterday was 3MAD (not even IF, ouch), I go for 2MAD today as OMAD is already (probably?) failed, I got hungry early.

(Greta) #6

I’m getting back into IF. I already have a work lunch that popped up on a day I was planning to fast. I’ll work around it.

I like to be strict with all the junk that shows up this time of year. It will be nice to lose weight instead of gain!!

After going a bit … er, off-road over the last month, I’m restating my goals for the coming month.

Aiming to do at least 13 hours overnight fasting daily (pushing out to 15-16 or so whenever practicable), and working towards even longer fasts Mon-Wed-Fri until I comfortably reach OMAD on those days.

Once I can readily handle OMAD and bed that practice down, I would like to try longer (36-42 hours) fasting windows, which I’ve never successfully done so far.

Baby steps. Watching the rest of you guys and your success encourages me. :slight_smile:

That’s so good :slight_smile: I almost get discouraged and inferior (well I do feel inferior, I have a harsh inner self-critic and I regularly disappoint it) seeing people doing EF while I can’t even do OMAD lately… I don’t give up and it doesn’t matter much, I look at what I have and don’t want to compete but still…
Being here still gives me a little extra push. Not as effective as the monthly group fasts but something.

I start anew every day, hoping for the best!

I STILL couldn’t do even TMAD this week (and what’s worse, I overeat again) but I will try a bit harder today! Carnivore magic should kick in already, it does wonderful things with my satiation.

Good luck for both of us and everyone else!

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

Timed Eating Window protocol is working for me. I got back to my goal weight today. Those Covid era gained 10 lbs. are now gone, took a month. Now to keep them away :slight_smile:

I almost did an OMAD today, yay! 2 hour eating window (one meal and a tiny extra a bit later, good enough for now) - and a few drops of cream in my coffees around it. It should help with my next days, big meals always satiate me quite long and I have a little momentum now! :slight_smile:
I am hopeful regarding my November :wink: I feel I take things seriously now and can do my comfortable best :wink:

It’s definitely the worst idea I could do. Tiny meals make me very hungry. They makes less than zero sense to me. Each to their own I suppose. I never heard people do that on OMAD unless a mere day is long for them. Long fasting, sure, one usually shouldn’t jump into a big meal right away. But it’s individual. I surely won’t suffer just because other people are different :slight_smile: I give my body whatever it wants :slight_smile:

I eat a big meal after 48 hour fasts too but it’s still not a long fast for my body.

I only use appetizers (in that very role) when I am very hungry with a negative appetite. Broth is my perfect “gateway food” :smiley: Of course I eat immediately afterwards but it helps.

My SO is the same (except he never goes without food for long. even 20 hour is rare), a small meal is so horrible that he always chooses fasting instead of a small meal. If ithere is not some 1000+ kcal meal with the right macros (he isn’t very choosy but there are conditions, too much fat is out) available, he won’t eat.
I can relate. Being hungry well-fasted is way better than inevitably being hungry after a tiny meal.
But I can handle a very, very tiny bit of food without my hunger getting triggered. He can’t. Not even a morsel outside of his biggish meals.
Oh and I MAY have a small meal if I already ate a lot for the day. My first meal is the big one. Usually the others aren’t very tiny either but my 5th, midnight meal may be very small. It usually isn’t but there are precedents.

I don’t know I would need to aid my digestion, it seems to work just fine. My body will tell me if it has a problem.

But broth is great after a long fast indeed - or if I need to eat but can’t due to negative appetite. It’s a wonderful gateway food for me. I have some broth and immediately need to eat a big meal and I can do that as my appetite problems go away :slight_smile:

I don’t even plan to go beyond 48-72 hours ever so I don’t need to be careful. I just listen to my body as usual.

Today wasn’t OMAD but I am pleased. I had a cute lunch (almost safe for OMAD) and as it was expected, I got a bit hungry much later. But I handled it with a tiny meal!
I still go for OMAD, it seems I have a chance now.

(KCKO, KCFO) #16

I’m going for 72 hrs. so far, so good. Started after dinner on Sunday, will go 'til dinner Wed night.

I am delighted with my ease and progress. I have gotten under my goal weight again. Haven’t done that since the pandemic started, so it has been a good while. Only gained 10 lbs. but still, I really don’t want to continue and upwards trend. I’m fine with going under trending :slight_smile:

I decided I take my OMAD plans more seriously, my body seems to be on board, I just got tempted lately but it was just a light lunch, usually…

So I plan an OMAD December - it probably won’t happen but at least a “zero calorie until sunset”? Just when I don’t feel the need to eat before, of course but I rarely do. I just want to eliminate very unnecessary eating.

It’s 5:30pm now (1.5 hours after sunset), I was quite okay until now. But I don’t feel I could fast and it’s not good for me to eat too late (especially for the first time) so I do to have a family dinner now.