Not a newbie to keto, almost at goal weight, stalled

(Ruth) #21

OMAD would be easy for me to do. I know Dr. Fung doesn’t recommend that but I’m not sure why. I may give it a try. Before my surgery I had gotten up to two 42 hour fasts a week and I was definitely seeing the results both on the scale and in my blood sugars with that regimen.

(Ruth) #22

When do you eat your one meal? And Do you try to get all your macros in that 1 meal, or you do you just eat to satiety?

(David Miller Putnam) #23

I eat the evening meal because I like that shortly after I get to stream through 8 hours of sleep and not worry about it… BUT, you could do it whenever you wanted to. When I’m in any degree of ketosis, I seldom feel hungry so, that one meal is typically not huge. This surprised me initially but I just don’t feel like I have to have a ton of food. I’m very new at this fasting…thought I would give myself a month to get used to Keto eating and THEN try fasting. However, once I got a ketosis going, I wasn’t that hungry and sort of by default I realized I could add another 5 or 6 hours and have a respectable fast. So, I moved into fasting. As of today, I’ve lost 25 pounds in 4 weeks and have been more confident of reaching my goal with the last 4 days of OMAD fasting. Don’t be afraid of fasting, it was way easier than I expected. I’m going to send you an app I used to manage everything that I really like. Miller

(David Miller Putnam) #24

Ruth, something I want to mention that I have enjoyed using and enjoy the feedback I get from it, Carb Manager App. This is a free App that lets you input your carbs daily and many other data like weight, blood glucose, ketones, etc. Then you can view your weight drop on graphs and you can quickly look up food and get their carb count. I’m not a big numbers person but for a small amount of daily input, I get a lot of positive feed back. I did opt to buy the Premium Option…it was only $39.99 for a year…not sure all the extras are but felt it was worth it. This is their website: https://www.carbmanager.com (I copied this from my remark with another Forum user, I promise I don’t have stock in the company…Ha Ha.)

(Ruth) #25

I do two 24 hour fasts a week, which is essentially OMAD twice/week. I would have no problem making that an every day routine. I’ll give it a try. Thanks!