No weigh May

(Allie) #1

Is anyone else doing “no weigh May”?

Even though I’m now trying to build muscle rather than lose weight, this month of no weighing has been driving me mad but I’m determined.

Funny you say this – I was just thinking of stopping weighing for a while because I’ve been going crazy bobbing up and down for months. I’m going to try this for a week and might join you for the month of May. Good luck!

(Allie) #3

May is nearly over, I might go on to do “no weigh June” too - it doesn’t sound quite as good though :joy:

(Allie) #4

I spent the whole of May fighting with myself over getting on the scales and counting down the days until June… but still haven’t got on the scales :joy:

(Mary Ann) #5

I was wondering how this was going. Was it an exercise to not “obsess” about the scales? Do you feel like you broke the habit? :slight_smile:

(Allie) #6

It was something I saw mentioned on Instagram and I just figured I would give it a go as I’d realised that, despite my best intentions of ignoring the scale, I had slipped back into almost daily weighing again.

I did struggle for the first three weeks of May, the scales were looking at me every morning when I went in to the bathroom… but in the last week I didn’t even think of it and now, there’s just no urgency to weigh myself again. Definitely broke the habit yes :grin:

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #7

Did you tape-measure yourself at all?

(Allie) #8

Not during the month but I did measure my waist this morning and am now down to 25.5 inches so lost another inch. Also noticed that t shirts that used to fit me are now tight around my shoulders and biceps which is great as my focus is now on muscle gain :grin: