No matter what you do it's still cauliflower

The title is my daughter’s response after tasting my latest version of rice or potatoes or pizza dough using (as the French would say) * chouxfleurs* But I finally did something even she admits didn’t taste like the original…

This version was cooked, turned to a potato like consistency with butter, heavy cream and cream cheese, added to some salt and loads of cheddar cheese, mixed with a LOT of smoked brisket and baked… then I made little pancakes with it and fried them in bacon grease till potato pancake crispy and covered them with sour cream. Keto as all get out so I am guessing given enough fat and meat even cauliflower doesn’t taste like cauliflower.

Remember my friends. In a world where cauliflower can be pizza, YOU can be anything!

I actually like Cauliflower just in a bowl of Butter. But understand that some, like your Daughter, don’t necessarily like the taste. … Something we make a lot of these days, is Cauli-Egg Salad. Simply boil the Cauliflower and mix with Eggs like you would normally. Makes a nice Potato replacement for this. And since you will be adding things like Mustard, Mayo, etc. It doesn’t have a Cauliflower taste. :slight_smile:

Edit to add… Though I’ve never been big on Potatoes, per se. I did always like Potato-Cakes too, and have been wanting to try these with Cauliflower as well. Just haven’t as of yet. Soon though.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #3

Wow ! I completely agree with your daughter. I can’t stand cauliflower !
But hey, my GF just made some new nearly zero carb flat bread last night… We put tuna on it, cheese on top of that, and made tuna melts, and it was off the hook ! While we were eating, we both came up with the idea to use it for pizza crust ! I’m sure it would be the BomB ! But I don’t know the exact recipe. I will ask her later, and reply back to this thread… or in the main recipes section.

It was so tasty, I was going back over the pan and nibbling on it without any tuna or cheese :slight_smile:

(hottie turned hag) #4

My next neck tattoo ^^^^^

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #5

I think this deserves a slogan badge @dlc96_darren :thinking:

But seriously, cauliflower is disgusting no matter how you make it :woman_shrugging:t4:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #6

I don’t hate the cauliflower, but as I just wrote on the Real Good folks page, “a chicken crust pizza surprisingly tastes exactly like how you’d expect a pizza made on a processed chunk of chicken breast would taste.”

Things made with cauliflower will always taste like cauliflower, for good or evil. I’m neutral meh on it.

(Susan) #7

I made a big pan of cauliflower, ground beef and sharp cheese casserole with pork rind crust. Since my grandson is strictly on a SAD, and does NOT like cauliflower, I thought i would have 8 frozen meals for work lunches. I was wrong. He and his lady friend ate it in 24 hours. 3 lbs of ground beef. I will have to take bacon and boiled eggs to work i guess. Yay Keto!

(Bob M) #8

My wife makes fauxtatoes with cauliflower, and I cannot tell it’s cauliflower. Otherwise, I can taste it.

For pizza, I haven’t figured out a good recipe. I might try a meatza. The typical Fad Head-style dough has way too much cheese for me if you add cheese to the pizza.