No longer getting a list of users when I hit '@'

(Susan) #1

Hi. First of all, I love the new forum layout. I think it will be much easier to navigate. Thanks for taking this step.

One thing I really liked about the old format was that suggested user names came up when I started typing ‘@someone’ so I didn’t have to scroll back and find the correct spelling of the member’s name. That no longer seems to happen, but can it?

Thanks again for an informative and pleasant forum :slight_smile:

(Allie) #2

There is an issue with the tagging at the moment. It is sort of working, just type the @ and wait a bit longer, but not really.

I can still tag @juice but some reason he won’t be told I’ve tagged him…

@Urbanlotus, I just tried this and it worked.

When I just typed the @ symbol, it popped up both your’s and Allie’s username, because y’all were the only two on this thread so far.

You won’t see this tag right now, because of issues they’re having with the software upgrade, but they’re working on getting this all sorted out.

Thanks for keeping us informed on problems you’re noticing. :+1:

(Susan) #4

@dlc96_darren, does it not work when you reply to a poster directly? I tried using the @ just now to see if your forum name came up but it didn’t. I typed your name in full manually.

I don’t know, the feature’s been working for me.

I’ve noticed it takes a couple of seconds to pop up. Not as quick as it used to be.

Try typing the @ symbol, and nothing else (space bar, etc.). Then wait a second or two to see if anything happens.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

When you are in a thread, type @ and wait. A list of users who have already posted in the thread will eventually pop up.

If you want to call out a user who is not in the thread, type @ and start typing the username. A selection of usernames will pop up for you to choose from. As you would expect, the selection gets narrower and narrower, the more of the username you type. It’s similar to how a list of emojis pops up after you type a colon.

If you find that a feature like this stops working, there are two simple things that are always worth trying, just in case they help: (1) log out of the forums and log back in again; and (2) shut down your computer and restart it. A surprising number of problems can be cured this way.

(Susan) #7

@PaulL the list of forum users worked this time when I typed an @, which is good. I have been shutting my computer down and restarting it each day, but I had not logged out the the forum. I will try that and see if things get even better. Lol!

I didn’t know about the list of emojis popping up when you type a colon. Thanks for that.
:smile:

(Allie) #8

@Urbanlotus

It’s working for me too, just have to type the @ and wait a couple of seconds.