No change No Ketosis

(Paul) #1

Do I haven’t changed anything at since beginning keto… was using the test strips and producing high amounts. Haven’t had a cheat day, haven’t changed anything but no I’m no longer testing for any trace. Any suggestions

(Diane) #2

How long have you been eating keto? You may be showing progress towards “fat adaption”. I would suggest reading this article by Amy Berger at tuitnutrition.com about ketosis and fat adaption, it contains well presented and useful information:

(Allie) #3

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

Throw those sticks away, you’re in ketosis if you’re being carb conscious about your food and staying under 20. I have never peed on a stick or tested but I know that I am in ketosis because of the incredible feeling going through my body and the mental clarity I am experiencing. I’m losing fat. Every once in a while it’s detectable in my breath. My energy is more than double what it used to be. These are legitimate signs of ketosis. Pee sticks just show ketones your body has been unable to use as energy. You are using them now (ketones) hence no reaction from the sticks. KCKO Paul🤠

(Brian) #5

KCKO

Keep calm, keto on.

Your body will waste a lot of ketones early on. As you adapt to the keto diet, your body will become much more efficient at producing what you need, using what you need, and not producing more than you need.

I agree with the advice of those saying “throw away the pee sticks”. You don’t need them. Eat right and let your body heal. We’re pretty marvelous machines that don’t always do exactly what we think they’re gonna when we think they’re gonna.

:slight_smile:

(Paul) #6

Good reply… usually I receive negative feedback but I appreciate this… thanks guys!!

(Amanda) #7

I agree, relax.

(Running from stupidity) #8

Given the OP didn’t even include the very basics like how long eating keto or what foods eaten and so on, that’s not super surprising.