Newbie - Question on Amount of Food

Well, I can’t add much to the first thing. I have my special signs, no matter the woe and no woe makes everyone the same.

Why would I want donuts? Ewwwww.
But if I want 3 bananas, I should eat 3 bananas or else my mental/emotional health would suffer and my body surely knows what it is doing :smiley:

But yep, people may want the wrong things. On carnivore too as why would it be different there? If we KNOW (from experience or from a very trusted source) that something is wrong, we shouldn’t follow our desires, no matter the woe.
The woe may help a lot, carnivore definitely does it to me as it takes away my desire for most carby foods and that is good for me but it’s just not perfect for everyone, obviously. I hear about proper carnivore that they DESIRE carbs! I never had that I think, without something special being in front of me as long as I like my carni food. But others have. Even that shows how super different we humans are.

But I think I mostly meant that we shouldn’t just force ourselves into something adviced to us, it has nothing to do with the woe. We should use our knowledge, follow our body as long as it can be trusted… I never kept myself from eating whatever I desired either but that’s me…

Yes, of course, if one is me… But seriously. I am a hedonist. If I want something, I eat it, basic. But I already wrote what I meant. No matter the woe, it’s very very similar. We shouldn’t force ourselves. But we should put our health and well-being first as a perfect hedonist. So if our desires are wrong, we should aim to change them. I never want to resist, that’s not healthy mentally for me… I train and get better.

It’s good we talk about mental things now, now desire but principle as it has really nothing to do with the woe :slight_smile: I always will think like this. And well, I am right that force is bad unless it’s very much needed for health and the negative mental health effect of the force is more than balanced out with the positive health effects a good woe provides.
So you can’t really reflect me with “you are no carnivore, you have no idea about it” as it’s not true. I don’t know a bunch of things but I am pretty sure about these :slight_smile: And people ARE different. Even on carnivore. They never will become the same, not even a single facet of their life will be the same.

Exactly, I always said so :slight_smile: I didn’t talk much about carnivore related things I think. In the opposite: it’s just a woe, it doesn’t change people into similar ones. We still keep our individual things and some of these things (like the existence and weak correlation of my various signs related to food) aren’t subject to change just because a woe change. A woe that isn’t even the same to begin with…

And anyway, you say that people should just struggle through the first year or something as the things you said about simple and needs just doesn’t apply for them necessarily? I thought you talked to the new ones with that too. But I was a very new one and I still was me. And it wasn’t even remotely the same every time. And I never knew what I NEED and why would I suddenly know that? It’s not that simple and easy for everyone. Just because you have it one way, other people won’t necessarily. And I know you know we are different as you talk about that as well and that is right. But thinking that EVERYONE will have it similarly, it’s wrong, I don’t need to be a carnivore to be sure of that. Some of us NEED fasting, not eating when hungry, tracking and trying to figure out the right macros and ratios or items… People always will be different, no matter what woe they do for how long. Tons of things may change and I can’t know what would happen to me but I can be sure about a few things :wink: And it’s very sure that be it any aspect, some people have it different from others somehow.

I get ya @Shinita

but in Zero Carb/Carnivore category experience on the lifestyle means it all to the poster, not some who will eat 3 or more banana if they want them

This is carnivore experience chat truly in this thread.

[quote=“Shinita, post:21, topic:117951”]
And anyway, you say that people should just struggle through the first year or something as the things you said about simple and needs just doesn’t apply for them necessarily? I thought you talked to the new ones with that too. But I was a very new one and I still was me. And it wasn’t even remotely the same every time.
[/quote}
never said that. ever. It is not a struggle other than coming in til we change. We all have to face adaption/transition and detox of the body and healling and then repair and what that entails for each of us.
but ya said one key thing, ya never went all in did ya?
So when one is longer on plan, for what it takes then one can speak in terms of experiences but if one bales thru whatever cause when they ‘feel’ body tough change and doesn’t hold the plan then?

There IS ONLY ONE WAY TO GET CARNIVORE RESULTS one might need…COMMIT ALL IN AND do the plan. after that it is one finding their way here but not here so?

fine if ya feel if carnivore is not for you then cool. never said it ever ya can’t be you and what suits you best but don’t think someone not doing the plan has some big insights and knowlege on those who are all in carnivores and what it entails to walk this journey. Ya get that right? In what I am saying here?

(Megan) #23

No there aren’t Shinita. The general gist is people eating carnivore eat foods that come from animals that their body does well on. Some need to be strict and limit their foods to very particular ones in order for their mind and body to be well, some can eat a wide variety of foods from animals and be well. It’s like any woe in this respect. You have a list of foods “allowed” in your woe; you eat the ones that make you feel your best and avoid the ones your body objects to.

There are a few non-animal foods some carnivores include - namely tea/coffee, and some spices on their meat some of the time. Some carnivores continue including them, some drop them after a period of time.

(BuckRimfire) #24

According to the Interwebz, Baker is 6’ 5" and weighs about 250 pounds. Scale that four pounds down to the lean body weight of a more normal-sized person and it wouldn’t seem so unreasonable. I’m 6’ and 157 pounds, so I’d be eating 2.5 pounds of meat a day, scaled by my weight. No problem!

@MeganNZ: I didn’t talk about plant food but indeed, that’s another potential difference. There are many styles of carnivore. One eats very high-fat, the other lowish-fat, one eats 3-4 lbs of meat, the other eats 0.5… One eats only pork and lots of organs, the other only steaks… One eats tons of sugar from dairy, the other is below 2g… Even people starving on 800 kcal PSMF, they may do carnivore, some does that.

These are different, no matter how we look at it and one even easily have different experiences on them.
Sure, they is a huge common ground as all is carnivore. That’s plenty. But not everything. I can’t do most of the carnivore styles, only mine :slight_smile:

I am back to proper carnivore.
Right now I eat 0.7-0.84 pound of meat (just in the last 3 days but I am pretty sure I will stay around it for a while), it works very well now :slight_smile: It surely wouldn’t make every carnivore happy, to put it lightly, but it feels ideal for me now. Not like a very different amount is even remotely realistic… It’s what I can do now.