Newbie Problems

(Melanie Stewart) #1

Hi everyone.

Very new to this so just looking for good advice and support.

Wk 1 lost 5lb
Wk 2 gained 3lb :thinking::sleepy:

Is this normal? I’m doing intermittent fasting too to help kickstart it all 16/8

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

If you want advice more information is needed. Age, weight, medical issues, what you’re eating. Two weeks isn’t long at all, your body will go through changes that are unique to you.

(Susan) #3

Welcome to the forum, Melanie =).

The first week you were probably losing water weight; which happens at the beginning of any new eating changes. I don’t want to use the word Diet as Keto should be more of a lifestyle change for you, don’t think of it as a diet. It will change your life, in a very positive way; and you will lose the weight, and inches around your body, and feel amazing… but right now your body is just adjusting to all of this.

The first 24 hour fast I did I gained 3 pounds and was very upset about it; but they reassured me here that it would be okay… and it was =). Sometimes you can gain a bit of weight, because muscle weighs more than fat even; but you are losing inches, notice your clothes are baggier, etc.

Just give it some time for your body to get used to Keto, and you will be amazed at the changes.
The scale is deceptive in the early stages; so don’t let it scare you or upset you too much.
Just focus on keeping your carbs 20 grams or less, having zero sugar, and eating enough fats, proteins and calories, and the intermittant fasting is great and will help you in getting into Ketosis faster as well.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #4

Also, unless you are used to fasting it isn’t recommended to jump right into it. Just focus on keeping carbs under 20g. Also keep in mind that body weight can fluctuate normally by a few pounds, day to day, so even 3 pounds over a week isn’t a big deal as your body adjusts. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Melanie Stewart) #5

This guys. This is a new approach, started mainly for health reasons. Watched that Netflix documentary “the magic pill” and it got me curious.

I know I shouldn’t check weight but being an ex SW goer it’s a habit :woman_facepalming:t3:

I am hitting the max of 25g carbs a day. This isn’t net carbs. I bout some of those ketosis sticks you wee on and I’m medium to high atm. So it’s looking like I’m on track, was just a bit disappointed today.

Thanks again guys :wink: