Newbie not feeling well

(Ginandtonic1988) #1

Hi everyone I’ve been doing Keto four weeks and last week my back right side has a full sensation not an ache but a strange feeling I’m drinking lots of water and take 1 teaspoon of pink salt and .5 uk teaspoon of lo salt along with 2 litres of water, is this enough for my kidney? Today the diarrhea has started all day do I need more salt due to having the runs?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

I would say the opposite—cut back on the salt.

We only need 2-3 U.S. teaspoons of table salt a day, which is 10-15 grams, and which includes salt already present in food, by the way. Better to weigh, because U.S. teaspoons are smaller than U.K. teaspoons, and I forget just what the variance is. (A U.S. teaspoon of sodium chloride weighs 5 g.)

I’d be willing to bet that the full sensation will go away once you cut back on the salt, but if it doesn’t, then go see your physician. It might not be diet-related at all.

P.S.—I almost forgot: Welcome to the forums! I hope we see more of you.

(Ginandtonic1988) #3

Thank you I had wondered my self as not had any kidney problems during my life! And it’s only started of late!

(Sheri Knauer) #4

You also don’t want to drink too much water. That may cause you to flush out too many electrolytes. A good rule of thumb is to take your weight in pounds, divide by 2 and that is how many ounces of water you should drink throughout the day. Add an additional 8 ounces of water for each caffeinated drink you consume.

(Marianne) #5

How is it going, otherwise?

(Ginandtonic1988) #6

Thank you for asking, not so good the last 7 days had pain in my back above the waist line it’s dull and is there all day, it’s making it hard to stick with Keto as I’m worrying I’ve damaged my organs :pensive:

(Ginandtonic1988) #7

Thank you I’ve drank boullion two cups today do I still need to add extra salt to my water as well?

(Troy) #8

Another option
Try not mixing the salt + water together
I had similar battles and confrontations and " run ins " :smile:…with the porcelain as well

What I did and it HELPED right away
I Started just to take pink salt separately
Just a pinch here and there
And NOT consume water w it or right after

Good Luck

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

Probably not. If salt stops tasting good, you’ve definitely had enough!