Newbie Ketone Questions

(Gary) #1

Hi All,

I am sure this has been covered a thousand times and I have looked extensively at many articles, Dr. Berg, youtube, etc.

My Story. 51, alway had a little Chubb but athletic, etc. Finally decided to get fit and healthy. Ketones fits my job lifestyle so decided to start Keto, 16 hour fasting, calorie intake limited to 1600. In 5 weeks, down 11 pounds and 5.5% body fat. Tough but excited.

I bought the good blood Ketone kit and the levels are all over the place, but so are the times I am testing.

When is the best time to check your Ketone Levels? I don’t eat from 8 pm until noon. Right before lunch yesterday, my Ketones were at 1.7. Today at 5 pm after a crossfit session, Ketones were at .3. Ugh!!!

Help. Thanks all!

(Running from stupidity) #2

IMHO never, but others don’t subscribe to my newsletter. (Higher numbers aren’t “better,” they just exist.)

Also, be careful about calorie-restricting. It works short-term and can hurt you long-term.

(Gary) #3

Just trying to get to my ideal weight and then play with caloric intake, food, etc. I have been 200-203 for the last 6 years, so I am curious to see of I can get down to 180, what happens when I eat, exercise, consume the way I was, what will happen…

:point_up: Can’t over emphasis this! :point_up:

(Running from stupidity) #5

(Catherine Ovcharenko) #6

Hi can anyone please answer my 2 questions???

1. Can you be on prescription pain medication and be on the keto diet???
  2. Are mung bean noodles approved???