New to testing ketones and foods

conversationstarters

(Kim) #21

Thank you ctviggen

(Running from stupidity) #22

You do if you want useful responses.

(Kim) #23

The original question was about testing a food.

And i did answer all the questions asked of me.

(Kim) #24

I guess i thoughti put on here about the low blood sugar. I read through everything and i didnt. Maybe i thought you remwmbered me from other posts.? Lol idk. Maybe i thought i answered it and i didnt.

But still no one answered my actual questiin. I have my answer now from google

(Allie) #25

But they did. In the very first response you were advised that testing blood sugar was a more reliable way than testing ketones.

Ketone levels are constantly up and down throughout the day so cannot be used as a way of checking if a food is keto safe or not.

As a point of interest, it’s very common for people on keto to operate very well on much lower blood sugar levels. Levels that would be seen as dangerous on a standard diet often have people feeling fantastic. How you actually feel is always a better indicator than any test number.

(Kim) #26

Sorry. I didnt realize that was my answer. I thought they were saying why buy ketone tester. And then it was like why do you need to test blood glucose.

So then, the answer was it isnt reliable to test food. Oh, ok. Thank you for clarifying that.

(Kim) #27

So the to test a food i do the same thing with the food but use the glucose strips at 30 minutes and 1.5 hours.

If it doesnt spike then it is ok?

(Allie) #28

Test before eating and at 30 min intervals after a new food. There will always be some sort of reaction, that’s normal, but what you want to monitor is how quickly your blood sugar returns to baseline.

(Kim) #29

Thank you