New to ketosis

(Jennifer Ashley) #1

I am new to ketosis, I started because I go to a small gym and the trainer told me to try it. I have been doing it for only a few days but I feel like I am only eating salami and cheese…
Example:
I fast for breakfast and break the fast at around 11 with a snack of salami and cheese
Then lunch I had a Cobb salad with lots of bacon and cheese and a hard boiled egg.
Dinner I had a angus burger wrapped in lettuce (which I felt really satisfied with NOT FULL-satisfied)

I’ve been looking on Pinterest for recipes but I really don’t want to give up this time, I want to be proud of myself and stick with it!

(Lesley) #2

Avocado is a good one to start off with.

(Jennifer Ashley) #3

I will have to try it, I’ve never been a big fan of avocado but I will give it another try, thanks!

(Lesley) #4

I wasn’t so keen at first either but I grew to love them. lol. Very satisfying. Good luck!

(Jennifer Ashley) #5

Do you prefer the haas avocados? That is all I see at the stores right now

(Lesley) #6

I get them at local market (just looked haas up on google). I have no idea what the ones I buy are. Eeek! :thinking:

(Vicki Stroud) #7

That is what I buy is the Haas, I bought a bunch this week they are on sale for .99 each which is way cheaper than they have been, I bought them greener and am putting one or two on my windowsill to ripen, and when I take one off the windowsill I put another up. I love them and eat them with lots of salt. There are some really good recipes on pinterest, I started making myself a keto eggnog. Just some almond milk, a couple of farm fresh eggs, heavy cream, lots of fresh grated nutmeg, and a little Keto friendly sweetener if you want. It is so good, just use a stick blender and it is quick and simple.

Check out the Diet Doctor! Not only is this link a great beginner link (be sure to read all the way to the bottom), but the site offers 450+ free recipes (see tab at top of the page) to keep you happy and your diet varied! https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #9

Boring foods to eat…

This will give ya some ideas of what is good to eat.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #10

Checkout the “What Did You Eat Today” thread…

Such a great thread :wink:

i put salt,pepper and evoo on my avacados to enhance…:avocado: