New to ket

(Jessica) #21

It sounds like you’ve done your research on the importance of sodium on a keto diet. This may be why you haven’t experienced the completely avoidable “keto flu”.

So, you’re not a failure, you went into this with some education and that seems like a good sign you’ll succeed.

Ohhhhhhh. Ok. Now I get it. Thank you very much for explaining this to me in detail. Just eat until I’m full and just add more fat to whatever I’m eating. How long does it take to get fat adapted? How would I know? Should I start taking electrolytes? Is me doing intermittent fasting ok? I’ve been doing that also.

Thank you very much for your support

Ok. Thank You Jessica

(Candy Lind) #25

Most people take 4-8 weeks to really get fat adapted. You will feel several differences - you will actually realize you’re not hungry when you normally would be (YAY!), your mind will be clear and sharp, and you’ll have more energy. You might literally forget to eat a meal!

Electrolytes - I would. A couple of bottles of keto aide will go a long way to keep you in balance. More recipes here.

Intermittent fasting (skipping breakfast?) is fine as long as you are not hungry between meals. It depends on how good you get at adding fat, really - because that’s what will keep you from being hungry. If you’re hungry between meals, eat a fat bomb; and make sure you eat enough at subsequent meals.

Thanx a bunch Candy for the info