New to forum's

(Connie ) #21

Thank you for your insight. I will checkout MacroFactor.

(Mark Rhodes) #22

At this time there is not one actively planned. Richard is pursuing his degree in biochemistry and you can find him on various social media with his Australian Dialect " Well, actually…" Carl has been really busy with AI and other computer security concerns as well as having one heck of a time playing music throughout his part of the world.

But don’t write it off. We all will get together in the future. And you too will meet old friends for the first time…eh @PaulL?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #23

You betcha indeed! :+1:

The 64k dollar question. Health and life span are the same coin, but on different sides. What do I need to do now so that when I am 90, I can still do it? Yes, I do believe diet plays a role. I’m not sure about the percentages, though. It could be 10% or 90% of the longevity equation. The easiest, and probably cheapest, is to start some form of exercise.
I have read Dr. Fung’s books, and he provides actionable steps to reduce weight and get rid of T2D. I would start there. Also, keep in mind that in Toronto, where he practices, you would need a referral from your physician to see him. My point is that he only sees the worst-case patients. Those who are morbidly obese and have T2D are his patients. His two main protocols, IF and keto, are generally 6–12 months only. This would depend on the individual patient.

(Jane) #25

I saw mayonnaise on the list and ok if you only eat small amounts, but if you make pimento cheese or tuna/chicken salad I would recommend kettign one made with avocado or olive oil. I have to order online because I live in a very rural area, but most high-end grocery stores carry them. Pricy, though.

(Jane) #26

Oh, and welcome! I just passed by 6 year keto anniversary and very happy with the results.

This poster is no longer here, but his advice is still sound for newbies.