New Macros

(John) #1

As I continue to lose weight doing Keto do I need to recalculate new macros periodically to conform to my changing weight or do I maintain the current calculation based on my starting weight?

Protein macros are.calculated in function of your lean body mass, which doesn’t change as you lose weight. Carbs can be changed when you get.to maintenance, the roof being 100g, beyond which you will be.kicked out of keto. Fats are as libitum. Calories don’t matter.

I have always been told so, and I did. But it really just reduced everything to fit lower calorie allowance. I am fine at 20g carbs, eating fat to satiety and just eating protein I feel like and still losing. If I stall, I may readjust but don’t plan to until then.

(Ron) #4

If you are tracking, yes you should adjust periodically.

(Terence Dean) #5

I’m using Cronometer, if I lose weight it gets entered as a biometric and the macros are adjusted accordingly.

(John) #6

Is that an app?

Yeah it’s an app to track your diet, it’s really good. I love it

(John) #8

For some reason it won’t let me add 3 digits in the macros in the app. I can’t put 110g and 137g for protein and fat in the boxes.

(Terence Dean) #9

Go to the website and use Cronometer online. You can change all your macros under profile. Let me know if you get stuck I’ll run through it for you.

If you are going strict Keto select that and choose rigorous, that will automatically calculate protein, set carbs at 20g, and fat according to your weight, height, fat%.

The phone app probably doesn’t work because its free when you own a subscription. The web version is fine and everything works, only hassle is you need to be online to access it. I think I paid $29 for a yearly sub, and the app works on my phone ok.

(Terence Dean) #10

I think those values should be percentages.

(Terence Dean) #11

Actually I’ve changed my profile settings for Cronometer to meet Phinney’s recommendations of 1.2 grams of protein per kg of lean body mass. If you are weight-training you may wish to bump that up to anything between 1.2 to 2.0.

cronometer33

(John) #12

I download the app but didn’t care much for it. It’s probably more user-friendly on a computer but we don’t have one at home.

(Terence Dean) #13

Fair enough.