New here- need advice

(Becky) #21

Ok I will start that tomorrow.

Thank you so very much for this information. This is why I signed up for this forum so I could get the right information to get going on the right foot.

(Rob) #22

As several others have said, when using a calculator, choose the “maintain” not the “weight loss” setting. The latter is an idiotic holdover from false CICO logic that somehow persists in the keto calculators. I think it’s because newbies won’t take the calculator seriously if it suggests you can lose weight at a “maintain” level… which of course is what most of us do.

KCKOAEMF (and eat more fat)

(Bethany) #23

Great job Becky! 6.4lbs is awesome! A slow down on the scale is quite common. Everyone’s given great advice on macros and calories. I just wanted to add that if you are losing inches, are at a net loss, and feel healthy, it sounds like you are doing a lot of right things too. Keep up the great work!

(Becky) #24

Got it! I’ve already gone into my counter and adjusted to maintain. I see my macros are balanced at 5:20:75 and calories at 2014.

Tomorrow is day one of week three glad to have this info to get this week started.

KCKO and I will eat more fat :slight_smile:

(Becky) #25

Thank you so much. I needed this comment.

(Rob) #26

Enjoy all those yummy keto calories!! Find the fats you love.

Your appetite will probably fall over time but not because your brain said so. The brain is usually an idiot in such things :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Becky) #27

Any suggestions for fats, aside from avocados which I will eat but don’t especially like.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #28

Kerrigold butter is awesome. Mayo is a good option to top meat or add to veggies. Make your own dressings using mayo or oils. Whipping cream. Macadamia nuts.
You can do nut butters in moderation. They are high in fats but can have added sugars, so be careful with them.