New Here, Doing something wrong?

I’m new to this forum so you may have already gotten all the advice you needs since posting this in March. I began keto in March 2018. Got into ketosis immediately and lost 20lbs quick. Weightloss stall began when I started adding the keto approved flours and sweeteners. When i quit those things 2 weeks ago i lost another 8lbs and still losing. You mentioned eating bread and flat head pizza. Try cutting out those things. Even tho they say they don’t raise insulin they must. I had blood tests after 4 months on keto. Cholesterol went down 36 points. Insulin went up to 108. It’s NEVER been high before. Good luck.

(Jenny) #22

I just noticed the same thing this morning! I’m 18 days in and frustrated that I’m most likely not fat adapted yet as I see no progress on the scale. Yes, I realize it’s early but man it would be nice to get some reassurance.
What I do notice:
Decreased hunger - although still a bit hungry in the morning, I remedy that with breakfast of 2 eggs, 2-3 slices of 0 carb bacon, full fat feta cheese, small handful of spinach and half an avocado. Sometimes I have Greek olives in there too. Not hungry again until 1 or 2 - at that time I eat till full which ends up not being much. Usually hard salami and cheese because I’m not hungry for a meal. Dinner is usually a keto casserole or meat with a side of keto veggies. Not hungry for anything the rest of the night. With no fluctuations on the scale I’ve tried to add more fat the last few days.
No afternoon crash - more energy, not buzzing like a bee but able to keep busy all day without feeling like I need a big fat nap!
Generalized alertness - not sure if I had serious brain fog before but I do feel more alert.
So with the change in the “texture” of my fat stores I wonder if I can count that as progress? Maybe, just maybe my body is getting ready to convert the fat stores in to energy! I can only hope!