New here but 3 months into keto

(Carly Lyczba) #1

Hi folks. My name is Carly, I’m on my 2nd time around on keto, I started in May. I hope you don’t mind me sharing my story. In January while undergoing fertility tests I was diagnosed with a prolactinoma which is a noncancerous tumor of the pituitary gland that produces a hormone called prolactin. Basically my body has been in breast feeding mode and my hormones have been all over the place. Last month I got the great news that my hormone levels are back to normal after taking meds.

Women who have this all have a lot of trouble loosing weight, doctors don’t really care but after joining some support groups the common consensus was that keto was the way to go.

Two and a half months in I only lost 7 pounds. But I felt great, just kept my head down. The past 4 weeks I have lost another 10 pounds and it’s coming off every week. I cried when I first got the wooosh effect, because it only happened to other people not me. Anyway the reason I want to share my story is that it goes to show how complicated hormones are, my body obviously had a lot of internal healing to do and only then did the weight start to shift.

I have 28 pounds to go.

I’m feeling so positive and i’m looking forward to getting to know my fellow ketonians.

Carly

High prolactin and keto diet
(Diana ) #2

Congratulations, Carly! It is very encouraging to see that hormonal issues can be overcome. 17 lbs in 3 months sounds great.

(Angela Marie) #3

Hi Carly!
Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story. My husband also has prolactinemia. ( Bromocriptine is poison, ugh. )
I’m pretty strict keto and have been easing him into this wol. He’s pretty tough lol. It’s great to be able to show him it can be done from someone suffering from the same ailment. Most go undiagnosed.
Thanks again, congrats and good luck on your journey!!
xo