New categories and sub-categories

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1

The new admin appointments have made some person-hours available for tidying up these forums a bit.

The requested Hypertension sub-category is (finally) being created under Health, and other changes will be implemented as we finish discussing them.

I’d like to make two requests of people: First, please try to start your threads in the appropriate category, so they won’t have to be moved later. Also, assigning tags to the thread will aid people who are searching for your topic.

Second, those of you who have achieved trust level three have the authority to move threads into appropriate categories and to assign appropriate tags. It would be very helpful if you would do so, whenever you spot something that could stand to be moved. Even we new admins don’t have enough free time to do all that by ourselves!

Do please keep making suggestions. This is your community, and you all have a voice. Our goal is to make these forums as useful as possible, and your feedback is essential.

As a reminder, here is a description of the Discourse software trust levels, and what you can do as you reach each level:

Trust level 3 is also called “Moderator.” You know you have reached that level if you can see the Mod Lounge in the Admin category.

(Omar) #2

Where do members discuss non keto (no diet no health related topics ) and is it allowed to discuss general social topics.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

We’re working on exactly how to handle that, but for right now, the Chat section is a good place to put threads.

(Ellen) #4

I always forget I “some” power, will try & remember and move stuff if needed.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #5

I like the idea of a celebration thread. Someone mentioned that they didn’t see one. This would be for major celebrations.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

You can start a thread any time you want. (Discource calls it a “topic,” and you just go to the category where you want to start it, before clicking on “New Topic”)

If you mean a new forum or sub-forum (what Discourse calls a “category” or “sub-category”), that does take an admin. I could see a thread on “Celebrations” in the “Non-Scale Victories” sub-forum, or are you thinking of something else? If you’d like to PM me a proposal with some more details, I’d have something to present to the other admins. The more you give us to work with, the better we can give you what you want.