Netflix Bring Your Sexy Back

(Vladaar Malane) #1

Anyone watch this series?

I watched episode 1 today it’s biggest loser all over again. Hope they don’t gain it back but it’s low fat diet.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #2

I read the description and didn’t want to watch and get irritated, so I skipped this one. Thanks for the review.

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

I don’t watch any low fat docs anymore.

Try Fasting on Prime videos.

(less is more, more or less) #4

I had no idea.

Is this the same old “Shaming and CICO” for weight-management, over and over?

If so, it’s the definition of insanity.

(Charlotte) #5

I don’t watch any of those kinds of shows. They are full of misinformation and if you really think about it, it makes sense… all these fitness gurus like that twit Jillian Michaels make their money off people working out and eating their way. Keto gets in the way of that and if more people who go on those shows actually tried keto then they wouldn’t have a show… not to mention a majority of those contestants gain it all back because that way of eating is not sustainable for the individual long term. They treat their way as a blanket approach that works for everyone and it just doesn’t. Hard core deprivation and restriction is setting people up for failure which keeps the money coming in because the “professionals” blame the individual istead of re-evaluating the sustainability of their approach. Its just another way for these people to continue to take financial advantage of people’s desperation. Its insulting. Sorry for the tangent. I just really hate those shows. I always have.

(Susan) #6

How soon before someone has a losing weight on keto show? I would watch it.

Looks like an older series, no seasons past the first one from 2015. From the preview it looks like the same boring trite that feeds on people’s insecurities about their weight and pushes them to lose x amount of weight before some Big Event they’ve got coming up. So it’s probably ineffective at best, and exploitative at worst.

(Nettie Jones) #8

i watched it… and liked it… it shows you have to get right and workout to lose weight… i even done keto… and keto made me sick and if you don’t keep up keto you gain it back… with all diet once you stop the weight come back… i would
never go on a Ketogenic diet ever agian…

(Windmill Tilter) #9

Successful keto requires eating to satiety. Exercise messes with satiety signals. Eating to satiety with scrambled satiety signals is like following a broken compass.

Working out makes it harder to lose weight, not easier. It makes you hungry. Many people have exaggerated satiety responses to hunger. If you eat to satiety in response to haywire hormones you get fatter. If you ignore the hunger, it triggers hormonally regulated defense mechanisms that preserve body fat.

Exercise thwarts more fat loss by ketonians eating to satiety than anything but artificial sweeteners. Go check out the “Not Losing Weight” section of the forum. It’s filled with people baffled why they’ve been exercising 6 days a week for months but not losing weight.

Keto with excessive exercise makes about as much sense a CICO. It’s an asinine premise that ignores hormones.

That’s my 2 cents anyways.

(Brian) #10

Sorry you had such a negative experience with keto. How long were you on it? What happened? What kind of difficulties did you have?

Eating keto is a big adjustment for many but it’s more of a “way of eating” to many that continue on the path. To me, I don’t really think of it as a “diet” at all. It’s just the way I eat. I’m not terribly restrictive. I eat lots of different meats, dairy, eggs, a fairly decent variety of veggies, a few fruits (mostly berries), and I make my own low-carb desserts. Honestly, I feel like I eat pretty darned good. I’m satisfied, or maybe satiated is the better word. I don’t go hungry. I don’t feel deprived at all. I don’t feel unhealthy. Actually, I feel healthier than I did when I was trying to be a (high carb) vegetarian and vegan for a couple of decades. I’ve also lost a bunch of weight and find physical work a lot easier than I used to. I’m no longer one of the fattest people in the room anymore, often one of the thinner even though I’m not quite where I would like to be yet.

I’ll admit, keto seems to work better for some people than others. If you’re one for which it doesn’t, I certainly wish you well in whatever does work for you. In present company, though, you’ll find quite a lot of people for whom it really has worked well, some of which might call it life saving.

There are some who want to eat only beef and water. There are some that want to eat keto and be vegan… probably the two ends of the spectrum. There is a lot of room in between, though, and plenty of room to find where one fits if they choose to.

Good luck!

(Nettie Jones) #11

I think it was just too much fat cuz it affected my gallbladder once I got off the keto then I was no longer hurting or being sick… and I only did it for a month I did lose about 4 lb… which I want to lose a little slow so I can keep it off

U do realize thats gonna happen with any diet if u switch back to eating garbage ?

(Nettie Jones) #13

Well thanks, but I don’t eat crap… I eat all kinds of meat and veggies and fruit… and I am now doing a protion control… so since u don’t know me… don’t assume that I don’t eat healthy.

A quick question.
If you don’t eat keto, and aren’t interested in eating keto, why are you on a website called ketogenicforums.com?

Eating healthy is much more than just name dropping the most typical things one would eat in a “complete healthy diet”. I would suggest you do more research about nutrition and dieting.

U never even gave keto a proper chance, thats literally like having sex one time and having bad experience and then stating on a public sex related forum that sex sucks. U dont even get adapted in 4 weeks time and once u go off keto u will gain the water weight u initially lost in literally 1-2 days, thats the same mistake a lot of articles have done where u just touch the surface of keto but never really do it properly.

(Ashley) #16

Interesting considering I lost 60lbs in less than a year just eating Keto. I could of lost more but I cheated some and had bumps along the way. This was from no exercise either as I only began doing more walking in the last few months once I’ve finally hit a stall after being very diligent for months. Don’t call out if you don’t know the facts! Maybe your misinformed but Keto works great. It’s not for everyone sure, but it’s great for the people in this forum! Usually the people that say it doesn’t work, didn’t follow it properly or track their macros and over eat! Eating fat will satiate you and make you full! Causing less eating and less insulin and causes your body to use your fat for fuel!

(Ashley) #17

Fruit has a lot of sugar and in high amounts can cause it to turn to fat. But you do you!