Needing to eat every 3 to 4 hours?

(Rob Grantham) #26

Yeah it’s around 200g of meat so I guess yeah it’s probably not that much protein as I think… I’m with you ok the fat protein combo likewise if I just eat fat it dosnt fill me as much as a meal with fat&protein. I think for so long I have eaten by the clock and it’s trained my body to eat at certain times… trying to undo this is tough

(KCKO, KCFO) #27

Forgot to ask you, do you use salt under the tongue, let it melt, then drink a glass of water when you feel you need to eat. That helps most people get over it.

I think, it is a lot of conditioning. Most of us had to go through a deprogramming phase. Fat is good for me, not bad. Salt helps balance out the other minerals, not a demon that will sky rocket your blood pressue, those kind of things.

All the best in getting it sorted out.

(Matthew) #28

Would this break a fast?

(KCKO, KCFO) #29

No, Salt gets you through a fast. Recommended to keep your electrolytes in balance.

(Matthew) #30

Ok cool. And is it 2 tbs of salt a day total recommended on a Keto diet?

(KCKO, KCFO) #31

Always remember that salt is sodium and chloride (NaCl). Sodium, well it is just sodium (Na).
This thread details the latest on keto and salt consumption.

I add salt to every single glass of water i drink

(Matthew) #33

Thanks for the link. It’s still as clear as mud how much salt and electrolytes we should be supplementing. I am just trying to wing it with 2 teespoons a day of salt and the multivitamins below:

(Matthew) #34

How much salt do you add and how many glasses of water do you drink a day ml per glass?

I drink i guess 1.5 liters a day and and maybe a tsp in a glass, 3 grinds of the real big pink Himalayas

It does not taste salty but at least I know it is not filtered water that will do nothing other than flush good stuff from my body

(Matthew) #37

I just use the regular salt…Is there a real good reason to upgrade to himilayan salt. I’m guessing you don’t add salt to your meals as well?

I salt every meal, and I do the ancient sea bed salt thinking there will be more mineral in the salt. Similar to sea salt will have mineral, So again my process of complete health.

(KCKO, KCFO) #39

1 teaspoon of salt is the equivalent of 5 grams of salt but contains only 2.3 grams of sodium (the rest is chloride).

Since you want a minimum of 5 grams daily, 2 teaspoons of plain salt would be needed. I personally consume more than that. I take pinches of Redmond salt through out the day, I liberally salt all my foods and I drink ketoaide most days as well. I need lots of magnesium and salt holds it in my body. Others might not need as much as I do.

(Rob Grantham) #40

Thanks for the salt tip. I’m currentlytrying IF again. Eating between 9&5 e meals I’ll have to build up to two meals or shrink this window but I’ll give myself a few months of this first to acclimatise. Don’t want to shock mybody

(Rob Grantham) #41

But yeah like you’re saying a lot of it is programming because deep inside us all is a person afraid to die of starvation I think it’s a deep process to let go of this fear

(charlie3) #42

I got to my current pattern of eating in steps over months. First before I knew anything about keo I eliminated junk food which had the unintended consequence of reducing the number of times I eat. Next I went to 2 meals a day 6 days a week and no eating on Saturdays. I make sure those meals have the right stuff by tracking with Crono. The claim that keto eating eliminates hunger is not my experience. I usually feel some hunger in the morning. It comes and goes until lunch. After lunch there is no more hunger for the rest of the day because lunch and dinner are substantial. In the early weeks I had a couple of hunger panic attacks and started lunch early. That doesn’t happen any more no matter the hunger pangs. On most Saturday’s I don’t feel hunger all day though yesterday I did have some serious hunger late in the evening so I went to bed early. If you push yourself a little bit you’ll learn to be comfortable with no snacks and fewer meals. I feel powerful when I’m hungry. It’s a great feeling.

(Running from stupidity) #43

Nope, it’s just prettier :slight_smile:

Himalayan salt often contains trace amounts of iron oxide (rust), which gives it a pink color. It also has small amounts of calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium, making it slightly lower in sodium than regular table salt .

When fasting the only time I feel hunger is around 18 hour mark, and that lasts about 20 minutes.