Need help with Apple cider vinegar

(Courtney Wickham) #1

Hey guys!
Quick question, do any of you drink apple cider vinegar? If so do you notice if it helps with weight loss? And how and when do you drink it?

(Susan) #2

I tried to drink it and it caused too many adverse reactions for me personally (very sore throat, couldn’t get the taste out of my mouth, I was worried about my teeth)… so I switched to the ACV capsules (I buy mine from Amazon but you can get them in many shops that have a pharmacy section. I take 2 with every meal and 2 going to bed. Even on my fasting days I take 6 a day (2 at a time, intervals apart).

(Bunny) #3

I usually make it with nice big glass of filtered water 1 tablespoon of apple cider and 1 table spoon of lemon juice from a freshly squeezed lemon and use a cheese grader to grade some raw ginger root into it and some raw dandelion weeds from the back yard chopped up and a little raw horse radish also with a cheese grader but just a few slivers because it’s potent stuff! Makes a great digestive bitter too! Just little bit not a lot!

Yes it can help with fat burning and the biological pathway used in the chart below:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #4

@atomicspacebunny I sorta/kinda tried apple cider vinegar with ginger root during that discussion. My initial results were that the vinegar seemed to reduce the gain from the ginger root. I intend to test more rigorously when I get around to testing the ginger root more rigorously as well.

(Bunny) #5

I was using the ginger more as a digestive bitter but ginger by itself may decrease the inflammation of adipose tissue by itself…which is really neat!

I tried to make a batch of acv lemonade and absolutely couldn’t get past the taste. I have seen many posts on various sites where some people don’t mind the flavor, but it was an absolute nada here :woozy_face:

(Cristian Lopez) #7

I put 2 tablespoons in some Lipton diet green tea, reminds me of kombucha.

(Karim Wassef) #8

I drink it multiple times a day and add it to food, salad dressing, marinades, etc…

(Allie) #9

I tried it and it gave me heartburn so I stopped.

(Paul H) #10

Ooo I like Kombucha. ACV even with lemon is not pleasant. I might have to try a Bunny variation as well.

('Jackie P') #11

I drink ACV because it reportedly delays glucose absorbtion and reduces insulin spikes. Jason Fung swears by it and that’s good enough for me!
It tastes disgusting and I still have to brace myself to drink it! I used to sweeten it a little with stevia but I am pretty well sweetener free now!
Sometimes I make ice cubes out of it, one crunch and swallow! Else I just dilute in water or cold raspberry tea!
Everything else I eat and drink is delicious so I guess I cant complain!:grinning:

(less is more, more or less) #12

I remain a skeptic on the value of ACV. I find Fung and Bikman as respectable proponents, yet with Jockers and Berg also on board, and click-baitingly so, this keeps my skepticism on high alert.

With that ambivalent preamble presented, I drink it twice a day, one shot’s worth per dose, morning and evening. Evenings are great when my wife’s preternaturally gifted cooking leads my brain to all sorts of excellent if dangerous places. ACV is a slap to the face; “snap out of it, man!” thing.

Heaven’s no, I do not drink it straight. That sounds terrifying. I mix a shot in with 12 oz of unsweetened homemade tea, or if I have seltzer water on hand. It’s not terrible when I do it then, and I find it helps steady my usual reflexive desire to snack. My experience could all be placebo, but I don’t care if that’s all it is, either.

('Jackie P') #13

I truly don’t know if it works, but I couldn’t bear to be missing out! Every little helps😀

(Full Metal KETO AF) #14

If you don’t like the taste pinch your nose and down it fast. :cowboy_hat_face:

(PJ) #15

Drink it with a straw so it can mostly bypass your teeth, since it’s so acidic.

(KetoQ) #16

I take ACV, and anecdotally, feel it helps me lose weight as well as reduces my hunger. My body feels like its running better when I take ACV than when I don’t. Nothing scientific, just a personal observation.

Mix it with something like water or someone mentioned tea – or dilute it and drink it with a straw. The acid is not good for your teeth. I’d also drink some regular water right after to make sure none of the residue coats your throat.

(Richard) #17

What kind of water dilution are you using. Thinking about a couple Tablespoons of vinager to a large glass of water is not that acid.

(Susan) #18

I take the tablets, cannot stand the taste of it.