Need help w/ Protein

(Rob) #21

Sounds unhappily like mum’s situation. Her scar was full belly width and took a while to even heal at the surface with granulomas etc. She was so depressed during and after that i was worried for her long term mental health. Fortunately, 8 months on she is much better, has kept off all but 5-7lbs of the weight and as traumatic as it was she probably hasn’t felt better in decades. Silver linings etc.
I’m now trying to get her to reduce carbs though not full keto since she has some liver function impairment and will need to check with doctors.
Once you learn the science and the experience of the community, it’s not possible to unsee it!

Very best of luck with your recovery and keto-ing on!

(Jen ) #22

Hey all!

Just wanted to give an update on the Vital Proteins Collagen supplement. I’ve been on it for a week now and it’s almost gone (pricey- $25 for a week…).

I really don’t notice much of a difference. I have been wanting to try this supplement for months- I have pretty gnarly stomach issues and a few Instagrammers SWEAR that they healed numerous gut issues by using this. My gut issues remain at baseline (before Keto). I will be going back to my pre/probiotic capsules which are cheaper.

As far as hair/skin/nails/joints- no changes. I still have smile lines and “WTF” lines in between my brows, lol.

Needless to say, I will not be reordering. Maybe a week is too soon, maybe I’m impatient, but I’m not going to waste more $$. I could have taken myself for a huge steak out, haha.

KCKO.
Jen

(Liz ) #23

I don’t know what’s in that one but I use the Great Lakes Gelatin & it took two weeks to see changes (2 tbs a day). I forget what it costs but It’s not as expensive as $25 a week.