Need help.. :( running out of things to try

i did start with around 1100 cals in the beginning… that turned starvation mode on for me… between 1300-1500 seems to be my sweet spot. yes… gonna try increasing protein a bit.

ty very much bro. much appreciated encouragement.

(Naomi Brewster) #22

You’re doing great and there’s lots of great advice already here. Also remember that ketones are converted in the liver so if the liver is struggling it’s going to take a little while to heal that before the ketones come easily. Eat to support your liver - green leafy veggies (the more bitter the better) are probably the best place to start. Digestive Greens are great too. And make sure you’re going to the loo for number twos every day to eliminate the toxins being released from the liver rather than just recirculating it in the body. (TMI probably lol). Good luck, sounds like you’re off to a great start. KCKO.

(Ross) #24

Thas about a 1290 cal total

As others have alluded to, looks like you’re not eating near enough.

Remember, if you go into caloric restriction while not in a keto adapted state, your metabolism will slow down.

Also remember, according to the hormonal model, eating a bunch of extra fat calories in a ketogenic diet does not result in an increase in body fat.

I’m not even that clear that being in caloric deficit is even necessary for weight loss on a ketogenic diet.

(Dana Worell Ingold) #25

If you don’t already have a Pinterest account, sign up. I’ve found so many helpful keto recipes on there! Meal prepping also helps! I could eat eggs and bacon every morning and taco meat every lunch/dinner, but there are so many other great keto recipes out there like keto bagels and pizza etc! I don’t know about you, but I’m trying to make this a new healthy lifestyle. I don’t want to lose weight, just to gain it all back and then some. If you don’t add more variety into your meals, you will eventually fail. Google keto recipes and meal plans for more ideas. And definitely try to meal prep for easy access to keto foods. Good luck!