My first week, am I doing it right?

(Katie Hartman) #1

Hi, I’m fairly new to this diet and have just been keeping my carbs to under 10 grams. I’m not calorie counting at all. I’ve had bacon and scrambled eggs or scrambled eggs and chopped ham for breakfast daily. For lunch (if I have it, I’m usually still full from breakfast) I have a pork chop that I fried in olive oil or butter with a salad made of lettuce, green onion, cheddar cheese, avocado and olive oil, pink himalayan salt and pepper as the dressing (super yummy) Dinner Is http://www.bunsinmyoven.com/2015/08/24/sausage-egg-roll-in-a-bowl/
or
https://www.ruled.me/low-carb-bacon-meatloaf/ minus the almond flour.

I just added coffee with stevia and heavy cream hot and cold.
anyways, I’ve been doing this for about a week and today I wake up and feel like im watching myself do my daily activities but I’m an on-looker. I’m not sure how to explain it. like maybe a dream like state but still fully active. I have a ton of energy. Is this a sign of ketosis? my husband says my breath smells like a hint of paint thinner.
I appreciate any advice💋

(Gary Eckman) #2

Hi @Katie_Hartman sounds like doing excellent, if you’re fairly new to Keto WOE (way of eating) then I recommend you go here Ketogenic Survival Guide for Beginners. as a starting point. The reason your breath smells like paint thinner is due to one of the ketone’s known as Acetone (the same chemical found in paint thinner, nail polish etc). As with any changes in diet I highly recommend you notify your doctor / medical practitioner so they can keep an eye on your progress.

Wishing you all the success in your Keto journey! :+1:

(Katie Hartman) #3

Thank you. I’ll check it out right now.

(Dany Bolduc) #4

You are doing awesome.

Yes these are signs that you are in ketosis, mixed with some carbs withdrawals. Keep it up another 4-7 weeks and you will be fully fat-adapted.

As your body adjust to getting its energy from fat, this dream-like state will subside and that energy will continue to grow.

I suspect that right now if you were to engage in hard / sustained physical activity, you wold run out of gas pretty quick.

That high energy will also become an endless well once fat-adapted.

Great things ahead. Keep it up. You’re exactly where you want to be.