My first full month on keto - COMPLETE!

(Ashley ) #1

I am so exited. I’ve been doing this now for a month, and NO CHEATING. Wooooohoooo I was tempted to celebrate with some frozen yogurt LOL but I D K. Did you reward your self when you’d meet your monthly goals?

(Kay) #2

I reward myself but not with food! Well done on your first month :tada:

I just eat what I want when I want, but you’ve gotta trust yourself to do that. If you can eat a “cheat” meal and then go on with life have at it. If that’s going to start a binge than may not want to yet. We’re all different that way. I can eat a bunch of starchy carbs like pizza, fries, pastas, and then just keep on going normal. But when I eat sugary ones or desert type stuff I’ll fight cravings for a day or two after. Just gotta know how things effect you.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Since I began eating this way to reverse Type II diabetes, and succeeded in doing so, that is all the reward I need, right there. And besides, I get to eat bacon whenever I want, what could be a better reward than that?

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #5

Let your success be your reward…

Should a recovered alcoholic reward themselves with a glass of wine?

I eat or drink things that are not keto compliant from time to time, but not in the context of a reward…

(Robin) #6

Well, what a brilliant answer!!! Reward yourself, but not with food? Where have you been all my life? I’m writing this down! Not kidding.

I never understood food rewards, I never did that. I eat whatever I want whenever I want anyway, though… I don’t need an excuse or other reason for it…
One month into keto was merely one month into keto. I lost nothing, I wasn’t fat adapted yet, yeah it’s cool that I managed to go that low with my carbs but feeling good about it (I don’t remember if I did that) should haven been enough “reward”.

You probably can eat frozen yogurt if you want… Homemade and low-carb, at least. It’s not a good idea for everyone, of course.
It’s very weird to me when someone wants to reward them for keto with some non-keto thing, how does it makes sense? Especially that early? I have not much self control but I didn’t quit keto until fat adaptation, at least. I had a goal and I got it in the end. And it was cool. Much cooler than frozen yogurt can be though I never ate such a thing.

(Susan) #8

I love Kay’s reply. Reward yourself with something like a lovely scented candle that you can relax and enjoy the scent of while having a nice bubble bath, or while reading a book that you keep putting off reading =).

Congrats on your first month of Keto and no cheating, keep up the good work =).

(Ashley ) #9

Thank you everyone, I didn’t do it! Lol I decided to buy a nice tri-tip and make that instead!! It was So good.

(Susan) #10

That was a great choice, Ashley, well done =).